chapter fourteen - the time or place

§ Chapter fourteen §

I was done shopping around for the day, so I decided to surprise Harry at work. I walked up to the shop and looked in the screen door, finding Harry across from an old woman. He was smiling warmly at her as he handed her a plastic sack. “Good-bye, have a nice night.” He looked up at me with his smile still locked on his face. “Hello, love.” he whispered, hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and inhaled his sweet cologne. He met my eyes and put his thumb on my lip. “I missed you.” he said. He moved his thumb down to make room for his plump lips. I moaned softly and kissed him back. “I see you did some shopping?” He looked down at the bags around my arms. “Yeah, I hope I didn’t spend too much.” He shook his head. “You can get whatever you like, darling…as long as you’re happy.” He kissed me again and went back to the counter. I smiled just watching him. He opened the cash register and put in some bills. Then he packed some things up and met me at the door. He grabbed my hand and squeezed tightly as he kissed my cheek. “How about we get some dinner?” I nodded in approval.

We pulled up to a restaurant and got our table. He moved out my chair, allowing me to sit down. Before I sat, he reached over and grabbed my hips. He kissed my lips passionately, obviously not caring that we were in public. “Harry…” I whispered, looking around the room and meeting several peoples’ shocked eyes. “I don’t care who sees. I want them to know that you’re mine. There are a lot of guys in here.” he said, frowning at people around the room. I sat down and felt his strong hands push my chair in. He kissed my cheek before going to his own seat. We put in our orders and then sat looking at each other. “What’s wrong?” he asked sweetly. “What do you mean?” “Cay, I can tell when something is bothering you.” I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. I gulped and let a tear fall. “What do I do about my dad? He hates me.” He got up and kneeled beside me, rubbing my thigh with his fingers. “No, he doesn’t…It’s impossible to hate you.” He rubbed my cheek gently. “Come on, let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the restaurant, despite my protests. We went back to the car and I snuggled up to him, my arms tightly around his neck. (Picture at side) He kissed my head and whispered, “Talk to me.” I sniffled and looked up at him. He gave me a sympathetic smile and wiped the tears from my cheeks. “When I was little…” His eyes widened as if he was surprised I was telling him. “My mom died when I was twelve. My life was so ruined and all I needed was someone to love me. My dad was never there for me. He was always gone, out at the bars or doing drugs. I would go over to friend’s houses and see their fathers love for them and it made me cry. All older men seemed like fathers to me, but I wanted one of my own. I wanted one to hold me, to sit on his lap…and to just tell me I’m beautiful and worth something.” I sobbed into Harry’s t-shirt. “Cay…Cay, look at me.” I lifted my head to meet his eyes. “Your father is missing out on so much. I swear, I’ve never loved anything as much as you. If you weren’t in my life, Cadence, I don’t know what I would do. You’re literally my everything. When I first saw you the first thing I thought to myself was I want to fix that girl. I knew you were hurt, and all I wanted to do was love you. I want to love you for who you truly are. You’re so beautiful and so sweet and…your father is mad for not seeing it.”

Okay I seriously have to stop now. I’m getting too many feels. Thanks for reading xx