chapter three - compared to you

§ Chapter three §

We went back to Harry’s dorm. It was nicer inside than mine. It was modern and looked like he was pretty rich. I sat on his black couch and waited for him to bring in the popcorn. He came in and I snuggled up against him. We watched a few movies, but we didn’t pay much attention. All we did was talk. We talked about our lives, our goals and dreams, our families and friends, our school life and previous memories. I told him things that I never told anyone because I trusted him with my secrets. He told me about his life and his interests. It was great. After the third movie, he leaned over and whispered, “I love you.” I smiled but didn’t take a single look at him before replying, “Ok,” He gasped and replied, “Aren’t you going to say it back?” “Make me.” I said, turning to face him. “Say it!” he demanded. “No,” I simply replied. “Please?” he begged. I leaned into him with our lips almost touching; I felt his hot breath wash over my face. “No,” I whispered, pulling away and giggling at the look on his face. He grabbed my sides and began tickling me. “Say you love me!” I laughed and screamed, “Never!” I started laughing so hard and gasped for air, “I can’t breathe!” I laughed. “Then say it!” he chuckled. “Okay, okay!” I love you, you’re the best boyfriend ever and the best kisser and singer, so stop!” I screeched. He stopped tickling me and pulled me onto his lap. “And you’re the best girlfriend in the world, maybe not the best singer, but you’re an amazing kisser.” He smirked, earning a giggle from me and leaned in for a sweet kiss. “I love you, baby.” I rested my head on his shoulder. “I love you, too, Harry.”

I woke up the next morning on Harry’s chest. I shuffled on the leather couch, trying not to wake him. It was probably the most tranquil state I’d ever seen him in. I slid off my clothes and hopped into the shower. I put on a bra and underwear but only put a robe over that. My wet hair stuck to the blue cotton as I tried to find something to eat. All I found in the fridge was cheese and strawberry jam. “What are you looking for?” Harry said in his crackly morning voice. I giggled at the sound of it. (Yeah, imagine Harry’s morning voice jfc) “I was going to make breakfast.” “Good luck.” He laughed. I kissed him on the cheek and tried to walk away, but he caught hold of the robe. He pulled me back in and kissed me passionately. “What are you wearing? Is this my robe?” “Yeah, do you mind if I wear it?” “I think you would look better without it on.” He smirked. I chuckled and kissed at his ear. He pulled it open wider at the top, leaving wet kisses at my neck. He moaned a little as I tilted my head up, giving him more room. I ran my fingers through his thick curls and as he nibbled at my ear. “You’re so perfect.” he whispered. I giggled lightly and kissed his cheek, moving over to his lips after. A knock came from the door and ruined our moment. He sighed and went to open it. The boy’s dorm administrator peeked through and saw me with an angered face. “What is she doing here? This is the boy’s dorm! Get out!” he yelled. “I could have you two expelled.” he muttered as I walked out the door. I blew a kiss to Harry before continuing down the hallway.

The next day I was met in the hallway by a boy named Caleb. I didn’t like him at all, because he could barely maintain eye contact. His eyes slid lower down my body before finding a nice resting place on my chest. Harry was going to be here any second, and I couldn’t wait to get away from this guy. Caleb blabbed on about some new car he was going to get. Then all of a sudden he pushed himself forward, kissing me on the mouth. His sloppy tongue worked its way on my lips, but I wouldn’t let it in. My eyes were widened as my arms flailed around, trying to get away from him. Of course, I noticed a certain curly-haired boy standing in the corner. Harry’s eyes were wide too and a face of shock was slapped across his face. “Get off me!” I yelled, finally breaking free. Harry was nowhere to be seen. “Just get away from me!” Caleb slowly walked off with a sense of accomplishment. I ran back home and got my phone, leaving Harry thousands of messages saying it wasn’t my fault. I let him know that it surprised me too, and I didn’t enjoy it at all. Bella came home to see me slouched on my bed, phone in hand. “What’s wrong?” she asked. “I’m trying to get ahold of Harry. Caleb kissed me today and Harry saw it! It was all a big misunderstanding!” I yelled. “Okay, settle down. Just tell him and it’ll be fine. I have a class now, but I’ll come back soon to help you. Good luck!” She walked out with a new bundle of books.

Hours later I heard someone open the door and slam it behind them. “Cay?!” someone shouted. “Harry?” I called. “Do you love him?” he frowned with pursed lips. “No! I told you that I didn’t like it. It was him, I swear.” He scoffed. “I bet you liked it.” “No, I didn’t! I promise…Harry, I’m sorry.” “You think you can just fix all of this by apologizing and it’ll all be okay?” he asked, almost yelling. “Well,” I started. “Then you’re right.” he said, grabbing my hands and pulling me in for a kiss. “I thought I almost lost the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” I whispered. “You’ll never lose me.” He grabbed my thighs and pulled them up on his waist. He pushed me up against the wall, knocking over a bookshelf. We both ignored the noise and continued to run our fingers through each other’s hair. He put me down on the couch and slid his shirt off. He tumbled down on me and I rubbed up and down his soft torso. He kissed my neck sweetly, leaving little love bites. We both moaned softly. I slid my shirt off and he kissed my stomach slowly. “I love you.” he whispered.

“Bye, Harry.” I said. He turned and smiled at me one last time. “I’ll see you later, Cay.” I closed the door after he was out of my sight. I never wanted him to leave. I called my dad that afternoon. To my surprise, he wasn’t drunk but he was hung-over. “I’m sorry, Cadence. I’m such a terrible father.” I scoffed. “Really? I had no idea.” “You know that I love you.” He had pain in his voice. “You don’t show it that much so it’s pretty hard to believe.” He sighed. “Bye, Cadence.” I hung up without another word. I went out to go to class and saw Harry surrounded by a group of girls. They were all clinging to his leather jacket as he smirked at them. He licked his lips and winked to a busty blonde on the end. Anger filled my whole body. It was hard to keep my cool as I walked down the hall. All I wanted to do was hit them in the face and then Harry. What was his problem? Was he even in love with me or was it just fake? Maybe since he got what he wanted, he was done with me. He was moving onto his next target.

I sat in my room with headphones on, trying to ignore the world and forget Harry. I hadn’t seen him in four days, so I assumed he was out partying with some other girls. That’s when he came in with a smile on his face. “Hello, love.” I scoffed and looked down at my phone. “What’s wrong?” “What, you aren’t done with me?” “What?” he asked as he took off his coat. “You flirt with all these girls and pretend I’m not even alive. I know what this is, Harry.” “What? What is it?” “You’re just using me! All the girls tell me that you just used them and they thought you loved them.” “So what does this mean?” “I just want to know if this is real!” I shouted. “You know what your problem is?” he asked. “What? What’s my problem?” “You’re afraid of falling in love. You’ve been hurt so much in your past and you’re afraid to let anyone else in. You’re just scared.” “Why don’t you just go…?” I mumbled. “I’ve tried to ask myself if I should see someone else. That's what I normally do with girls, but I never want to leave you, Cay. I feel like I’m in love with you and it scares me too!” “Just leave, Harry! I hate you!” I yelled. He frowned and pushed me up against the wall. I winced at the impact. He leaned his head down to my ear and whispered softly, “Say it again.” I whimpered softly after gulping. I couldn’t help but press my lips passionately against his.

I woke up the next morning on Harry’s bare chest. He was running his fingers across my hairline with a small smile. “You know you’re the most important thing in my life, right?” he whispered. I nodded. “You know that I would never let you go? Those other girls are nothing compared to you. You’re my everything, Cay.”