chapter eight - his past

§ Chapter eight §

We pulled up to a tiny house on the end of a block. Harry grabbed my bags and I followed him inside. Boxes were scattered around the almost-empty house. “Yeah, it’s not much.” I leaned up to kiss him. He rubbed my cheek with his thumb gently. We looked into each other’s eyes for a second before he kissed me again. “I missed you so much.” he whispered. I smiled in the kiss. “I missed you, too. Now, let’s unpack.” “Really? You don’t want to break in the bed first?” He gave me his signature cheeky smile and wink.

I walked downstairs the next morning and found Harry by the stove. “Wow, you made breakfast?” I asked. “I have a lot of surprises left in me, Edwards.” He let out a deep chuckle. I giggled and sat down at the wooden table. He walked over and planted an omelet on my plate. He garnished it and kissed his thumb and forefinger. “Viola! The perfect breakfast for my perfect girl,” He placed a sweet kiss on my cheek and waddled back over to the stove. I giggled a little before digging in. I just loved when he was goofy around me. How he could be insanely sexy one minute, then completely nerdy the next still baffled me. I smiled up at Harry, who frowned at the steam in his face. He sat down beside me and gaped at me. “Do you like it, love?” I nodded. “It’s so amazing. You’re just perfect, aren’t you?” He laughed. “So…are you going to tell me why we’re down here?” He looked down at his plate, avoiding the question. “I don’t think that’s a good idea, Cay.” “Okay, so I’m totally jeopardizing my future down here with you. I left my home and my college, which starts back up in one week, to be with you and I don’t even get to know why?” He sighed. “It’s not that simple.” He stood up and grabbed my hand. “If I’m going to tell you, we’re going to do this right.” He pushed me against the wall. I winced at the impact as he kissed my neck. He moved up to my lips and moaned. I whimpered slightly as he worked his hands along my torso. We ran upstairs and I pushed him onto the bed. He pulled me down on top of him, kissing me passionately. Our fingers intertwined by our sides as he flipped me over so he was on top. I took off his belt as he slid off his shirt. The sun peeked through the window and lit up his eyes as they stared hard on me. He let out a deep moan of pleasure. He took off my shirt and smiled, scanning my body up and down. “Perfection…” he whispered. He tumbled down and nipped at my neck. He motion down to his waist and I knew immediately what he meant. I put my hands on the black elastic of his boxers and slowly tugged them down his strong thighs. He put his hands on the headboard, his veins shoving against the skin. He banged it against the wall with every thrust. I let out soft whimpers, trying so hard not to scream. “Harry!” I let out. He chuckled warmly like he was getting the reaction he hoped for. I gasped before reaching my climax. We both let out deep sighs and rested back down. My body felt sore and achy. I snuggled up to his chest, which was rapidly rising and falling. He pushed my hair behind my ears and kissed my forehead.  Once we both caught our breath, I looked up at him. He met my eyes and I whispered, “Are you going to tell me?” He sighed. “I guess I have too, huh?” He gulped and took a breath.

*Harry*

“I haven’t told you much about my parents, have I?” Cadence shook her head. “Well, my mother was in some serious trouble. My father was beating her ruthlessly every night. I couldn’t stand it. She would call me every night, crying her eyes out and saying she’d do anything to leave. I sent a plane for her, but I had to borrow the money from a group of guys. I had to pay them back once my mom was safe in America. Well, she’s been safe for a few months now. The boys called me up about seven weeks ago telling me they wanted the payment. I told them I didn’t have it yet. That didn’t make them very happy. They said that they had been watching me, and they knew I had a girlfriend. If I didn’t get them their pay in a week, they said they would kill you. I knew they were bluffing because they were my friends. A week later I saw them outside of your house. I couldn’t stand the thought of them even touching you. If one of them even put a finger on you, I swear…” “Harry, calm down.” Cadence whispered. I realized that my grip on her hand was insanely tight. I sighed. “I ran up and told them to leave you alone. They knew that it would hurt me to leave you with no explanation. So they made me leave and move here, without you. I’m so sorry, Cay. I just didn’t want them to hurt you. You’re my whole world. If anything were to happen to you…” She smiled and interrupted me with a kiss. Her lips were so soft and warm. I loved her touch. “Nothing’s going to happen to me, Harry. I have you.” It made me so happy that she felt safe with me, because she was and always would be.