As he chewed, he couldn't help but think how it was so freaking good. Damn it. There were spices he's never tasted before. Whenever he swallowed, Kieran was ready with another serving.

"I can do it myself."

Kieran passed the fork over. "Fine, but if you spit any of it out, I'm feeding you for the next month." He closely watched Teru eat. The other bowl had a variety of sliced fruit. Some were new to him, but most were familiar. He picked through the colorful food and ate the red ones such as strawberries and cherries.

Kieran frowned at the other uneaten fruit. "Do you not like those?"

"I prefer these. Raspberries are my favorite." Teru was embarrassed by his confession. It was a habit because his pack often asked why he turned down fruit that wasn't red.

"I see." Kieran took the fork away again and pierced a soft, yelow cube. "Try this one. Most humans like mango. It doesn't grow this far north."

He reluctantly ate it. Personally, the texture wasn't his thing. If it wasn't for the alpha scrutinizing his every move, he would've spit it out.

"How many people are in your family?"

When hearing the question, the mango mush got stuck in Teru's throat, making him cough. Kieran held out the glass of water to him.

Why would a vampire want to know this? Was he curious about the number of humans there were in his pack? There was only one reason why - he must've been planning to raid his home. If there was one omega, there could be more, right? Anger twisted in his belly. "Wouldn't you like to know, fucking bloodsucker? You probably want to find and sell them."

Strong pheromones filled the room. The pissed off alpha gripped the glass so hard that it shattered on the floor. Rage filled his crimson eyes. He held back his fury as he gathered the tray and large chunks of glass.

As Kieran was closing the bedroom door, he said, "You'll learn to respect me."

Teru flipped the bird. His middle finger made it loud and clear how he felt about 'respect.'

The door locked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time passed without seeing Kieran, which he was glad for. The only person to keep him company was the maid when she came to deliver meals. At first, he ate the entire contents. After he tasted that amazing meat, his cravings for food intensified. Plus, the bowl had all red fruit instead of the other colors. No mangoes in sight.

The maid notified him that Kieran would be out of the city for a while; something about vampire representatives from other countries coming to Avania. She relayed that he apologized for not saying goodbye since it was a sudden visit.

Sorry, my ass.

It didn't matter to Teru.

On the first day of being alone, he explored his bedroom by switching on and off the lights, jumping on the small sofa, changing the shower temperature from hot to cold and vice versa, rummaging through the drawers in his bedroom, and watching the view from the window.

It was day two. Teru enjoyed experimenting with the mini-refrigerator. The glorious fridge! He finally saw one working! The way his snacks didn't spoil after a day fascinated him. He'd miss that the most after escaping in the future.

Day four consisted of mostly sleeping. The cravings went away. This caused him to skip a meal or two. It was very unlike him since he'd eat anything given to him while living in the caves.

By day six, he felt empty. Lonely. Teru stopped eating altogether. While lying on the bed, staring into nothing, his stomach rumbled. Food was the last thing he wanted. He kinda smelled, too. He forgot to bathe again.

Teru daydreamed about home – his family, playing with Lucas, hunting, the trees, and the animals. His heart ached when he imagined himself sprinting through the forest. He was a pack animal. Being around others was required to have a healthy mentality.

But in this big city, he didn't have a pack. They most likely thought he was six feet under the ground. Lucas was certainly dead. What sort of vampire would pass up drying out the body of an alpha? The thought shattered him. His mask cracked more around the edges.

Day eight. His body was unbearably itchy and his legs were restless. Teru paced around the room, hoping the discomfort would fade. It didn't. Sleep was impossible. He scratched his skin, but the itch refused to go away. Whenever the maid came, he'd stop, pretending to be okay while she switched the meals.

He's never experienced this.

Throughout the night, he would pace, lay down, pace, search for things under the bed and behind the furniture, then pace again. It was a cycle he couldn't break. He was at a loss. Being the last omega didn't come with an instruction manual.

Teru attempted to rest again, only to growl in frustration as he wrapped the blanket around him. He then turned on and off the lights repeatedly, hoping something would be different about the room.

Let's try the closet.

The enclosed space had a few pairs of oversized pajama pants and shirts. The clothes smelled faintly of the dominant alpha, since these were most likely his. Teru inhaled the scent and felt his crotch tighten. This cock-hardening reaction was repulsing to him. Yet, it felt so right. His inner omega was content with the minty smell.

Without a second thought, he ripped the clothes off the hangers and threw them on the floor.

Okay, we're getting somewhere, telling himself. What if...I put the shirts here and the pants over there?

Teru rearranged them into a circle. Close. He went out of the closet and stripped the bed clean until only the mattress remained. This would definitely help with...whatever he was making.

It needed more.

He collected the sofa cushions. The towels from the bathroom would work, too. The stuff accumulated up to his knees.

Let's put the pajamas in the center.

The itching became worse. Anxiety made him hyperventilate. It didn't help that his ring was gone. Rubbing his birthmark only did so much to ease the looming panic. His hands didn't know what to grab on to. Teru made desperate noises as he paced like a caged wolf. The circle wasn't right. Nothing smelled familiar except the minty pheromones. They were calming to an extent, but not satisfying enough.

What was missing?

His dick throbbed. Teru didn't dare touch it since he was scared of what was happening to him. While his body wanted one thing, his mind desired something else. The signals were confusing.

He clawed at the floor when a glob of wet stuff came out of his ass. It soaked through his pants. That was new.

What was he supposed to do?

Later, it was the morning of the ninth day. The maid came in to bring his daily breakfast. She gasped when she found Teru in the closet.

"Sir! Come in here quickly! There's blood!"