✨The End✨

💫✨💫

💫✨💫

Anaira's Pov

As much as I dreaded tomorrow, I was still happy for a new beginning, as much as I did not want Karthik to leave, I was still happy-- well somewhat.

So today I had opted to dress up like a decent woman rather than a tired rat like I did every day. How unburdened I feel right now I cannot explain in words but I know for a fact that this feeling would wash away as soon as I start looking around at everyone being busy in their working lives. Then I would start feeling the burden of being unemployed and it would take many sleepless nights and tension-filled thought processes to finally feel at ease.

Plus Karthik would not be with me, that was the main issue. But like every other time, I made myself retrace the same words I always spoke. Do not depend upon one person to make yourself happy...alive. I closed my eyes and gulped...some sort of tension hung over my shoulders, the weight of collecting my belongings and leaving behind colleagues I grew so used to and the weight of being jobless...damn this was such a heavy weight to carry.

I felt warm hands grip my shoulder blades and a huge amount of worry evaporated, an amount that worried me more than anything. I turned to him with a smile on my face, maybe he knew it was fake but he did not utter anything, just brought his face near mine and kissed me softly.

"No matter what happens, try again, try until your body breathes its last breath." Karthik caressed my face and tears pinched my eye but I refused to let them down, I nodded at him, brightly smiling...at least I hoped it looked bright enough to fool him.

"I am here with you until you get back on your feet," he placed a lingering kiss on my cheek, it is never easy to leave a job especially if you loved what you did but life does not stop with one segment gone wrong.

"But you won't be here..." I tried to make it sound like a jab but my voice cracked in the middle. I huffed painfully slow, Karthik did not cease his fingers over my skin, times like this make me wonder had I not been forced to marry him...would I be lucky enough to cross paths with a man like him? would I have married a good man? or at least someone decent?

Man destiny works in mysterious ways.

"Call for me and I'll be there" drumming his fingers over my shoulder blades he pulled back and took a good look at me, a smirk danced over his features and I rolled my eyes at his playful antics. 

"You finally learned how to drape a saree,"

"First thing I asked mom when we visited,"

"Have I ever told you?" I raised my eyebrow asking him to continue with a tilt of my head, "You look stunning in a saree," My cheeks reddened but I cockily scoffed throwing my hair back. 

"So beautiful I might as well keep you in my pocket." I lightly pushed him away and applied my lipstick, I was by no means wearing a heavy saree, it was, on the contrary, my green saree was plain and simple and even my blouse was a simple one, but truth to be told, I always looked bomb as fuck in a saree.