🥀꧁1꧂🥀

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣:01

Anaira's Pov

Thirteen-year-old me never understood why I was to be under constant surveillance.

I always questioned but was never answered.

My brothers asked the same, but they too were kept in the dark.

What in the world was so special about me that I needed to be monitored every waking hour of my life?

Why was a middle-class girl child so important that three guards followed her around everywhere?

My parents kept me wrapped in a cotton ball- protecting me from everything or rather everyone.

So this is how I was built up as a person.

I was made dependent on even the smallest of things.

I had no self-confidence and no matter how much I tried to take a stand- I would always cower away.

Humans scared me. Staying away from my family terrified me.

But as I turned eighteen I vowed to myself to never let anyone walk all over me.

I vowed to grow up.

I vowed to become confident...and trust me as easy as it sounds-- it was horrible going through it.

I had to fight with my parents on multiple occasions wherein I wanted to prove myself and they just view me as a fragile dumb doll.

It left me doubting myself again and again, had it not been for my brothers helping me take a stand...I don't think I would've even stepped foot out of my damn house.

But here I am, I found the perfect job... for a person as reserved and quiet as myself, this was perfection.

I used to love writing as a child but I never had the actual courage to let someone read my imagination.

When I finally decided to conquer my fears, writing online was the first thing I did.

And even now when I am struggling to let ends meet...I'm happy.

I've worked really hard to open up and I am proud of myself.

Yes, some situations scare the crap out of me. For example, if someone asks me for directions...I want to run away like a constipated chicken.

I'd rather give up my wealth than have someone ask me for directions.

I've got zero sense of direction. Try and leave me ten steps ahead of my house and then you'll get to see my real talent.

The art of getting lost any-fucking-where!

The one time I stepped foot out of my house to get ice cream without telling anyone in my family, I roamed around like a pigeon on crack and got lost within seconds.