💫✨꧁29꧂✨💫

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 29

🌟💫🌟

Third person point of view

Throwing his head back in shear tiredness Karthik glanced at the time. It was close to ten. He had been stuck in the office since 8 in the morning. The deals to be signed off tomorrow were extremely important. 

If he passes, this could turn things around for the better, if not-his company might face a major loss.

He had been trying to get this client to work in partnership with him for two months. Most of his efforts were left in vain for the client was not interested in the very least, Karthik however managed to get him to fly to India, listen to his offer and maybe just maybe sign off the deal. Karthiks' rivals were after the said deal too, if he failed to impress the client. He was sure someone else would not.

But that is the thing, even when he knew how drastically things could change for his company, his mind was not at peace. He had to leave Anaira behind in 101 F fever. Since then the reports of her health that he had gotten from Ms. Meena were speaking only one thing- her condition was worsening with each passing hour.

She had puked her dinner out at night, then could not sleep well because of the growing fever and stomach cramps. In the very least Karthik had not been able to get proper sleep himself. He had to pull an all nighter a day before she got sick , just to prepare well for this deal to come. When she got sick, he was left to take care of her whilst trying to manage the workload of the company.

He had not rested in the past two days. And it was showing in his behavior. 

No matter how much he tried to clean after himself, people could see his irritation and tiredness reflect on his face. He was quick to anger in the last few hours. A hundred phone calls, five meetings, two dozen files, a sick wife, low wifi connection in the building due to a previous storm, a hungry stomach, a very important deal on his head combined with sleepless nights. It was justifiable for him to be so angry at everything that moved.

"I do not give a damn. Who handled the goddamn file?!" throwing one file right in front of Suraj , Karthik raised his voice. His voice boomed in the entire floor, employees ran around trying to get the work done to not face his wrath. 

Karthik had fired an employee a few hours back. Laziness and incompetence was not required. 'You want rest? Rest well, you need not come back to work.' this he had said when the employee tried to give justifications of his tardiness. 

This scared all the others to not even try to argue with him over anything. Whatever he tells you to do- do it. No questions asked. No need to give justifications. No need to rest. 

From slightly patient, Karthik had turned into a mad beast trying to find faults just so he could vent his aggression out.

"I don't give a fuck Suraj!" Suraj jumped on his spot. Till date Karthik had not cussed so much in the office.