Dinner

Our eventful day didn't go unnoticed as onika was scrutinizing me with her eyes.

"What?"

She shrugged acting oblivious, I rolled my eyes and continued to sip on my tea. The boys were all sorting out vehicle arrangements and plans regarding laters activities.

For now we were just relaxing.

"So you guys are fully made up?" Came her obvious query. I hummed in response;

"I don't think we'd be sleeping in the same room if we hadn't" she nodded.

"Makes sense" the men made there entrance through the lobby, spotting us immediately. We rose from our seated positions and met them half way.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked.

Friday sighed "the dinner is at six, all the family members will be there" he mumbled, his brother placed his hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly.

He turned to me "he's nervous".

"Well who wouldn't" he chuckled,  we all decided to head to our rooms to get some rest for later and no one protested.

"Can we talk about it?" I asked after settling in the bed beside kian, his eyes were closed and he leaned back on the bed head.

"What?"

"About later, what do you think will happen?" He opened them and tilted his head to the side to glance at me.

"We just get her to confess, get it on a tape... Open an investi-"

"I mean, how do you feel" I said cutting him off, he paused for a second, something twirling in his eyes like regret maybe? Or I was just reading it wrong.

"Her father is a very powerful man and I'm messing with his spoilt daughter, it's not like we have the support of our dad either" I gave him a deadpanned look.

"Your powerful too and you know powerful people. Plus your brother is a soldier, anything that man tries will not go unnoticed. I'm Aliyah here is not afraid to Woop ass" I sassed making him chuckle. He reached out and brushed his hands against my cheek.

"Thank you" I smiled in return, it was the truth.

Friday was an artist, someone who built a legacy for himself and not off the likes of his overbearing father and frail mother, no offense. He was strong and powerful even if he didn't realize it. He could conquer the world.

In no time evening came and we were all dressed and ready to leave. Everyone piled into their respective vehicles and we were well on our way to the place his mom booked out for the dinner.

It was out of town and in a exclusive area. It was surrounded by trees, walls and had heavy security.

We pulled up at the private property and the gate man came up with a clipboard in hand, peeking through the window.

"Good evening Mr. Fletcher, I was informed that you were only being accompanied by your brother? Everyone is by invitation only" Kian squinted his eyes at the guard and squeezed his hands on the steering wheel.

"They are my guest, they don't need any invitation" he said, the guard looked almost stunned.

"But Mr. F-"

"May I remind you of whom your working for" he said sternly looking directly into the guards eyes, he gulped and nodded briefly walking away to open the gates.

We drove in silence up the road, everyone nervous and sweating, well me at least.

The house came into view and silent gasped could be heard throughout the vehicle. It was a masterpiece and I could proudly say that Fridays mother had taste.

It was a building that stood tall around thirty feet above ground and was held up by English style bricks, however it was painted in baby blue and not it's original red orange stain. It had grand doors and huge Victorian style windows.

Luxury Cars were parked every where on well manicured lawn, ours no different.

We parked and everyone hopped out of the vehicle. The men straighten their pants and the ladies pulled down their dresses.

"Ready to go crash a party?" Asked Aaron, everyone had sly smirks on their faces and nodded in response.

"Let's go then"

We walked like the power rangers towards the doors that opened automatically for us, we made our grand entrance and all I could see were eyes, eyes that scrutinized, eyes that were in shock, bored eyes, I don't want to be here eyes and a pair of familiar eyes that locked with mine.

I felt someone lacing their fingers with mine and I looked up to see Friday, he saw her too and she was making her way over here.

"What the fuck!?" She began eyeing us.

"Who invited these people, Friday?" His brother looked at her through stern eyes, while Friday's jaw clenched from irrigation. Onika, Kai and I was just here and ready for if anything popped off because I really wanted to beat this bitches ass.

"Watched your fucking tone" came his warning that had even me shocked, she drew back in surprise but quickly masked it.

"Fine, let's see what Ms. Dupree thinks about this" she said sassing away, sure to put a little pep in her stepped, I couldn't help the eye roll.

We walked through the crowd and took our seats at one of the big tables, it had five chairs, perfect for all of us.

"Y'all I hope the food is good cause I'm hungry" onika whined, my eyes squinted in suspicion. Why was she all of a sudden hungry all the time.

"We're not staying long" onika frowned and looked over at the buffet.

"So we just gonna ditch all that good food?" I pinched her from under the table and she jumped.

"What's was that for?"

"Behave" she sighed and rested her chin in her palms. I glanced over at Kai who was eyeing her keenly, indicating that he was probably sensing what I was sensing.

A commotion sounded through the crowd and our heads turned to the noise. Ms. Dupree, tia and one of the guards stormed over to our table, drawing attention along the way.

"Kian, Aaron please explain yourselves?" Her motherly tone was firm, commanding and even had me shying away. The brothers however maintained a straight face.

"What is there to explain?" Came Friday.

"That's what I wanna know" his brother chimed in.

"Excuse me!?" His mother barked and Friday lifted his hand in the air stopping her outburst.

"Listen mother, I invited my friends and my girlfriend over to introduce to the family and have a good time, if you and your concubine have a problem with that, then we'd be happy to leave" tia gasped and his mother looked livid, I visibly smirked aggravating them even further.

"Very well... Your little guest can stay, just don't ruin this dinner or so help me G-"

"So help you God what?" Aaron began eyeing his mother, she bit her tongue and stormed off like a child. Her security guard following her.

Tia however stayed behind, Friday craned his neck.

"And your still here, why?" Her face held disbelief.

"Why are you treating me like this!?" She whined.

"I'm supposed to be your wife!" I rolled my eyes, right.

"Didn't you tell her?" She continued. Friday squeezed the bridge of his nose

"You here that bitch, I'm h-"

"Enough!" That had the crowd gasping, he rose from his chair, standing to his full intimating height and looked down on her.

"Leave" she looked up at him, her mouth agape then slowly walked away. Bitch.