His Mom

We got up early the next morning, showered, got ready and booked out of the hotel.

California was a beautiful state, giving you this Vegas vibe with dried planes and palm trees. He stopped at rodeo drive to get his mom a present before we were off.

She lived in upper class Beverly hills, Bellaire to be exact. It made me feel small, since people like Oprah lived on the same street I was currently driving on.

I fiddled with my fingers and felt when Friday laced our hands together, It snapped me from my thoughts and I glanced over with a quick smile.

"Nervous?" He asked.

I took a second to reply "maybe"

He squeezed my hand and gave me the best smile he could muster "it'll be aight, my mom is a gentle soul" I chuckled at his analogy but it didn't do good for my thumping heart and sweating palms.

It wasn't the meeting his mom part that was nerve racking, it was the growing part of our relationship the part where your held responsible for your actions as a partner, the part where you support each other and if it's long term, it's also the part where you prove that your worth it. The part I never got to with Matthew.

We pulled up at a very big gate, guarding the extremely green and well manicured lawn that seemed like it enveloped the very visible mansion that stood about thrifty feet above ground. Ok maybe I am exaggerating but it is undeniable huge, though beautiful.

It was solid white, with grey fascia, very well kept based on how prestine it looked. The gates automatically opened for us and I glanced over at Friday who had a longing smile on his face.

We hopped out of the vehicle and immediately the grand doors— as I'd prefer to call them because of how huge they are— opened revealing a beautiful petite woman. Her hair was jet black and long, she had no sign of any wrinkles or aging lines on her face. She sported a white summer dress that covered her knees and a grey cardigan. She did not look her age, at all.

She walked briskly with outstretched arms to meet her son half way, they embraced each other in a tight hug and I stood off to the side awkwardly.

They released and she looked up at him with a bright smile on her face.

"Welcome home" her voice was angelic and smooth, I could listen to it all day.

"Thank you mom, I missed you"

Friday finally turned to me and his mom looked in my direction with a surprised look on her face.

"Cielos... She is beautiful!" I stood stiff with a crooked smile on my face as she approached me.

"Mother this Aliyah my girlfriend Aliyah this is my mom" we hugged and she squeezed me tightly as if she'd known me for a long time.

"I'm Isabella" she introduced as.

"Thank you for having us" I said and she drew back with a scolding look on her face.

"No seas tonta..... You all are welcomed anytime" Friday didn't tell me that his mother was Spanish-black.  The mixture was beautiful.

"Now let's go inside out of this mad sun" she cursed ushering us towards the door I looked over at Friday again for the fifth time today and he shrugged, giving me the 'its normal' look.

The maids went to the car to take our bags while we went inside.

"Kian tell me... How has work been?"

"stressing..... I have this song to complete that's no where near close" she looked over at him with the same scolding look she gave me and said.

"You know what I taught you hijo.... Procrastination is—"

"—deprivation, I know mom" she nodded.

"Good, now follow me to the kitchen, I'm making ginger bread" her motherly mood chipped out immediately and in came her friendly mood. Which was scary, my mother was always in motherly mood, that harsh/aggressive Jamaican tone never gets old.

We followed her to the kitchen, which was grand, imitating an industrial kitchen to some extent minus a huge island and the coolest looking coffee machine ever. A loss on the industrial kitchens part of course.

Both Friday and I took a seat on the bat stool and Ms. Dupree went In the kitchen.

"Do you need any help ma?" Kian asked to which his mother shook her head from left to right.

"What am I a handicap?" I stifled a laughed  while Kian grumbled under his breath. We talked for the rest of the evening, getting to know each other and reminiscing on the past, which of course revealed some embarrassing things about Kian. Apparently, him and his brother dated girls in senior high just to scam them into following them on some gaming platform she couldn't remember the name of, to grow a following and possibly earn cash. It didn't end well. Lol.

After a while we got tired so we were shown to our room, kians mother said we are adults so she isn't with the whole sleep on separates room thing.

The room was magnificent, it had everything, jacuzzi, balcony, big flat screen tv, liquor everything... We still had levels of respect for his mother's space so we didn't do the dirty instead we retired for the night.

____________________

😐 Your constructive criticism is needed. I feel demotivated to write this book. Let me know what you guys like and don't like. What I could fix to make the story more interesting. All that stuff I need it!!