❄️ chapter 44: late night talks

chapter soundtrack: crystal flower - 2nd moon

That morning, when Youngro woke up from her sleep, she couldn't find Sooho anywhere inside his room.

He was sleeping with her last night, she still remembered how she was hugging him to sleep. Yet, that morning, the girl was left alone on the bed.

While she was gathering her consciousness, a small piece of memories flashed in her head. It was from earlier that morning—

"Youngro."

"Umm... Ugh. Why, Sooho-ssi..."

"I'm going out for my morning walk. Do you want to come?"

"At... this hour? What time is it?"

The girl hadn't opened her eyes, but she could hear the man's soft chuckling and feel his fingers stroking her hair. "Well, it's almost six in the morning. I guess it's too early for you." Then, she felt his body shifting closer to her before he landed a soft peck on her temple. "I'll be back soon. Have some more sleep."

Youngro rubbed her temple where Sooho kissed her earlier that morning. His kiss felt so soft and warm on her skin and the feelings lingered there for a while. When her eyes fully opened at last, she stared at the ceiling as a soft smile grew wider on her face.

It was a perfect way to start the day.

In one swift move, Youngro kicked the thick blanket away from her body and jumped off the bed. However, when her feet landed on the floor, her head somehow turned dizzy for a while. It made the girl freeze on the spot for some seconds.

"Huh— I must be jumping off the bed too quickly..." She mumbled under her breath. One of her hands was rubbing on her forehead. Once the dizziness on her head faded away, the girl shook her head quickly and beamed once more.

She had another couple of learning sessions with Miss Pi for the day. Of course, she fully understood that she would have to be ready for the Crown Princess' responsibilities really soon. Miss Pi told her that she had everything prepared for her briefing and Eun Youngro would be ready to run the task. Moreover, she would get her own project sooner!

Eun Youngro was ready for everything that day. Thanks to the Crown Prince's kiss that morning which worked like magic.

After taking her bathrobes and some pieces of clothes, the girl walked towards the bathroom with springs in her steps.

❄️

[Sooho] Youngro, are you feeling OK now?

[Sooho] If you still have a headache, please rest for today and take some meds

[Sooho] I noticed you didn't get much water this morning on our breakfast. Drink more water, okay?

[Sooho] Tell me if you need anything

[Sooho] I'll be there if you need me

[Youngro] I'm fine now, Sooho-ssi

[Youngro] The headache is long gone this afternoon! ✨

[Sooho] Glad to hear that

[Sooho] I have also told Miss Pi about this too

[Sooho] If the learning session with her feels too much for today, feel free to cut the session and move it for tomorrow

[Sooho] You can take it slow