❄️ chapter 10: coffee talk

Wow.

Youngro couldn't help but gazing amazingly at the view of Yulje Hospital's lobby in front of her. The hospital was indeed huge and on the next level compared to the public hospital where her father used to be treated.

It was close to 9 PM and the hospital was still quiet crowded with people. Some doctors and medical staff were still passing by, walking through the halls in a rush.

"Miss Youngro," Secretary Gong called her and the woman turned around to face the taller man who was approaching her. Next to him was a doctor, a middle aged woman but she looked so experienced and professional. Some nurses and medical staff following them from behind. Youngro squinted her eyes, she caught the written name on the doctor's nametag.

dr. Chae Song Hwa

Oh my God. She's that famous neurosurgery doctor. Yeongro had heard of her, some doctors at the public hospital mentioned her name several times, saying she's one of the best in South Korea.

When Secretary Gong and dr. Chae came closer and stopped in front of her, they gave a her a polite bow which she responded with a bow as well.

dr. Chae gave Youngro a smile, and somehow she found it really comforting.

"This is dr. Chae Songhwa, the doctor who will lead your father's surgeries and take care of your father's treatments." Secretary Gong explained, introducing the doctor to her. "She's one of the best neurosurgery doctor in South Korea. You're in good hands." The man smiled widely, showing some wrinkles on the corner of his eyes.

Youngro's eyes sparkled, she couldn't believe the famous doctor would help her healing her father. "Hello, dr. Chae Songhwa. My name is Eun Youngro, the youngest daughter of mr. Eun Changsu. It's such a pleasure to meet you, and I'm so thankful to have you as my father's doctor. I have heard about you a lot." She bowed one more time, showing her gratitude.

dr. Cheon waved her hands, "It's an honor to me as well, Miss Youngro. I hope I can help your father recovered soon. I believe you have heard of the scheduled date for first surgery? I have shared the details of the surgeries and treatments to your mother and brother. I would like to share it with you as well. Shall we go to my office?"

Youngro wanted to see her father first, however she followed the doctor.

dr. Chae was explaining in details while presenting her PC monitor to Youngro. Some CT scan pictures of her father's brain were shown on the screen, and Youngro unconsciously frowned, feeling uneasy. She always had this anxious feelings whenever she had consultation with her father's doctor, afraid if there would be any bad news.

However, dr. Chae gave her such a clear explanations, and by the end of it, she would give Youngro words to comfort her and it really worked. Especially with those friendly smiles the doctor had been giving her since the second they met.

"Miss Youngro, your father is in good hands. I promise the medical team and I will do our best for the surgeries. The first one will be the most important one. We will execute it tomorrow morning. The next surgery will be scheduled after we check on your father's condition after the first one." dr. Chae said.

"Thank you so much... doctor." Youngro didn't know what to say, and left out a small chuckle. "I... I don't know what to say. But thank you so much, thank you for helping my father." She showed the doctor a smile, and her eyes were starting to feel blurry. She still couldn't believe all of this was finally happening.

"As I said before, it's a pleasure for me to help your father." The doctor replied. She then moved her monitor away from Youngro to typed in some things on the PC system. "We have started the surgery preparation, Miss Youngro. The surgery will start at 7 AM tomorrow. You can see your father now, I will escort you to his room."