❄️ chapter 23: the eun family

"They're here, Mother!"

"Oh God! Welcome! Welcome! Please come in, oh welcome to our house. Thank you for visiting us, Your Highness."

"Hello, good morning Mrs. Hong Aera and Youngu-ssi." Sooho took a bow politely as he entered the house. "I apologize for not visiting you sooner. And Merry Christmas for your family. We have brought some gifts for your family as well. Secretary Gong and his team will help to deliver it here."

"You're too kind, Your Highness!"

Sooho only replied with a smile.

"I haven't properly introduced myself yet," he politely took another bow as he introduced himself. "My name is Im Sooho, the only son of His Majesty King Im Jirok. I will be your daughter's soon to be husband as we will be engaged by 30 December. Thank you for accepting my visit."

Youngro could see it clearly, her mother's eyes were sparkling. Her hair was styled neatly, making her look younger and beautiful that day. It seemed like she had visited the salon where she booked her appointment days ago. Youngu too, he looked handsome with that new fresh cut.

"We know you, Your Highness!" Hong Aera giggled as he patted Youngu's back next to her. "My name is Hong Aera, Youngro's mother. And this is Youngu, our oldest son. The father, Eun Changsu, can't join us today... since he's at the hospital. And thank you so much for you and your family, he's getting the best treatment he could ever have. So, we are the ones who should be thanking you!" The mother replied to the Crown Prince and took a deep bow, along with Youngu.

"It's our pleasure that we can help your family," Sooho said. "I pray for your husband and father speed recovery."

It was 11 AM at the Eun family's house, and as soon as Sooho and Youngro entered the house, Hong Aera welcomed both of them warmly. Youngu at the back politely followed, but he made sure he took some time to give his younger sister a tight hug.

"Hey, welcome back!" He giggled.

Sooho took his time to study Youngro's family member. The mother was Hong Aera, wife of Eun Changsu, and the other guy was Eun Youngu, Youngro's brother. He could notice similarities of their face features, eyes and nose. They looked even more similar when they smile.

They were entering the small house and were about to enter the living room area when Aera suddenly said, "Let's have brunch, we have prepared the dishes and they're still warm! Let's eat first, shall we?"

Youngro peeked at Sooho on her side, waiting for his reaction.

"Of course," he said. "I can't wait to enjoy your dishes, Mrs. Hong."

Various home made dishes were served on the table. Unlike any other days, Hong Aera had given all her best that day, preparing brunch for the Crown Prince. Eun Youngu helped as well, and he didn't complain at all since he would love to eat various dishes made by his mom, and of course, he believed that they should come prepared with the Crown Prince joining their dining table.

The chairs at the dining table were four, and for the last couple of weeks, even months, there were only three of them seated there. If only Eun Changsu was all healthy and fit like before, he would have joined them. But that day, all the chairs were full, since Im Sooho was there, sitting next to Youngro, across from Eun Youngu.

Hong Aera finally placed the very last meal for brunch, and Sooho politely bowed his head as he thanked her. "Thank you so much for preparing the dishes, Mrs. Hong."

"Oh!!" Aera exclaimed as she took her seat across Youngro. "Really, it's nothing! It's not everyday you have the Crown Prince joining your family's dining table for brunch. Me and Youngu happily prepared all of the dishes for you to enjoy, so please eat a lot!" She said, then laughing happily like a mother who just received a straight-A student report. But this time, she was happy because her daughter brought home an extraordinary man as her future husband.