❄️ chapter 22: christmas gift

Sounds of knocking came from the door.

Youngro hurriedly gave final touches of concealer to cover the marks on her neck before shouting, "Come in!" It was probably Maeng with her team, along with Boonok too as usual.

It was the morning of 25 December, though. Youngro didn't believe they would even come to work on Christmas day, but there they were in front of her bedroom door. The girl shared her playful grin as she opened the door. "Morning! Merry Christmas! Please come in!" She exclaimed.

There were 4 people came into the room to help Youngro prepared herself that morning, and Youngro prayed hard that she had covered all the marks from Sooho last night perfectly.

They had chosen the outfit for that day— a simple knee-length white dress and a pair of beige heels. And now, Maeng was doing Youngro's make up. As the schedules would be a visit to Eun family's house, Maeng made sure the make up wasn't too heavy and kept it simple and natural.

Maeng was brushing colors of eyeshadow on Youngro's eyelids as the girl diligently closed her eyes until she got another instruction from the stylist.

"Oops." Maeng huffed as she accidentally brushed the wrong area of her left eyelid. "Wait a second, let me get another color for correction--" she said as her finger lightly tapped on Youngro's nape. And the girl suddenly shuddered.

"Hm?"

That was a simple gesture, even the slightest gesture from Maeng. She barely even touched Youngro's skin, that was just a light tap on the back of her neck. But with that only, the shattered memories of last night were triggered inside Youngro's mind.

Her wide opened eyes were now in contact with Maeng's, which were staring at her, questioning. "Is there something wrong?"

Boonok, the maid, who noticed what just happened quickly reached the air conditioner controller to make the room temperature warmer. "Is the room too cold for you, Miss Youngro? I'll make it warm, please let me know if you have any concern." She politely said to Youngro before walking back to the corner of the room where she stood by.

"Ah," Youngro pursed her lips, thinking of what to say. She didn't even know why she behaved that way. Somehow, she felt more sensitive with her skin. "Nothing. Probably because of the cold weather and I didn't set the room temperature properly."

Maeng and Boonok exchanged a wondering look with each other. They were sure the temperature inside was quite warm. However, they just shrugged it off and continued their task for the morning.

❄️

Sooho swore to God that Kangmoo got something in his mind that morning as he gave him a run through of the schedules today. He couldn't stop grinning.

Lee Kangmoo wasn't a morning person. Sooho remembered how Kangmoo grouched about his request to give him daily brief earlier in the morning compared to the other royal family. Yet, here he was, unlike the other day. He was grinning playfully as if he just got a special gift on Christmas day.

Oh. Sooho almost forgot.

As Kangmoo finished his brief, Sooho threw away his curiosity on why Kangmoo behaved that way that morning, and asked him another thing instead. "The gift for Youngro I told you before, has it been prepared yet?"

Strangely, Kangmoo left out a low chuckle when he received the question. The older man then answered, "Yes, Your Highness. We have placed it under the Christmas tree, as ordered by the Queen Dowager each year. Your gift for Miss Youngro had been prepared and placed there as well, along with the other gifts."