❄️ chapter 3: the yellow stone ring

Youngro was quiet throughout the dinner with her family. Once in a while, she would bit her thumb, and her eyes wandering around the Eun family's dining room.

On the dining table, Eun family members were eating their dinner silently. A family of four, but just like the other nights these days, only the mother, the oldest son, and the youngest daughter were there.

"Eun Youngro!" Hong Aera, her mom, called her out. "What's bothering you?! Finish your kimbap!"

"Huh?! Oh! Yes!" The youngest daughter quickly nodded and put in another piece of kimbap into her mouth.

Youngro's brother, Eun Youngu who was seated next to her stared at his little sister. The man was 4 years older than Youngro, but he acted just like a caring father for her. He always took care of Youngro, and she might see him as an overprotective brother. But Youngro wouldn't complain, he just loved her brother that much.

"Is there anything bothering you, Youngro?" Youngu raised an eyebrow, "if you want to share with me, feel free."

The youngest peeked at her mother who sat in front of her, giving a confusing look. Youngro then took a glass of water before answering to her brother, "There actually is..."

Aera raised an eyebrow, giving a curious stare to her daughter.

"Mother... Youngu Oppa... What if I just committed a crime?"

The mother's eyes rounded, getting ready to shout something before Youngu cut in the middle. "What— What did you just do to be exact?" Her brother was then moving closer to Youngro. She could see a glimpse of panic on his eyes. "You... you didn't kill anyone... or robbed someone... did you?" He carefully asked, one of his hand holding Youngro's back.

Youngro closed her eyes, both of her hands reached out to her cheeks. "What if I just... comitted a crime to the Crown Prince?"

Yes, the public knew South Korean Crown Prince Im Sooho studied arts at Korea National College of Arts. Everyone knew. And upon hearing Youngro's words, Hong Aera stood up and shouted, "W-what did you do, Eun Youngro?"

Youngro gulped. "The FBI... are they watching our house? Is there anyone suspicious visited our house by chance?"

"Now, now," Youngu took Youngro's hand, holding them tight to comfort his sister. "Tell us, Youngro, what did you do?"

"I spilled a cup of hot coffee to Crown Prince."

"Whoa."

Hong Aera got back to her seat, having a good 10 seconds to proceed, and rubbed her temple. "That's... I don't know. Is there any law for that?" She said. "Was he hurt?"

"I don't..." Youngro squinted her eyes, she tried to recalled the memories that afternoon. "I don't know, he looked fine when I saw him... he said he was fine."

Youngu wanted to chuckle but it's the Crown Prince they were talking about then. His hand reached out to pat Youngro's head. "Well, if he didn't charge you for anything and he told you he was fine, I guess there's nothing to be afraid of."

"Right?! It should be fine... right?" Youngro grabbed her brother's hand. "Right, Oppa?"

"Yes. If there's anyone from the palace comes to our house and looks for you, I will just say there's no one called Eun Youngro in this house." He laughed. "Relax, Eun Youngro. All of us know, all South Korean people know, Crown Prince Im Sooho is a good man. Although he looks cold most of the time, people see him as a kind person. You don't have to worry."

Youngro left out a small chuckle in response, "You act like you know him a lot, Oppa."

The older son gave his sister a comforting smile, patting her head once again. "Well... I watch TV and the news program most of the time at the village. Don't worry too much, okay?"