❄️ chapter 27: fever and nightmares

They only had one day left before they depart to London, and Youngro clearly felt anxious with the royal wedding preparation. How could she leave the preparation when the wedding was just few weeks away? Kangmoo had reassured her a lot of times that day, that everything would be fine even when she was away with Sooho. However, the girl still felt heavily responsible with the preparation so there she was that night, at the Crown Prince's study room, staring non-stop at her laptop screen.

"Youngro, it's late. You should go to sleep."

That was Sooho, who sat across her, with his own laptop.

"We still have some more stuff to check, Sooho-ssi." Youngro replied. "Let me check the updates from the operational team one last time..."

"It's almost midnight and we have a flight schedule tomorrow morning." The man responded, his voice sounded somehow more stern than usual. "You've been working a lot since yesterday. You have to get enough sleep, Youngro. Let me check the documents. We can even check it tomorrow. Come on, let's get you sleep."

The girl huffed, her eyes moving away from her laptop screen for a while. "It's alright, Sooho-ssi. Look, I have finished my second cup of coffee. I can stay up late for tonight, and I'll get a good night sleep after this so I will wake up fresh tomorrow." She insisted, even when Sooho could notice her heavy eyes. "It's okay. I'm even more worried about you. You should get more sleep than I do."

If she could be honest, Youngro was so sleepy that night. She didn't understand why, but the caffeine she had from the second cup of coffee didn't kick in her system. She even felt sleepier than before. Did Sooho added some sleeping poisons to the coffee?

"Hmph..."

"Don't hold back your yawns, Youngro. You're sleepy. You have to sleep, come on..." This time, the Crown Prince got up from his seat and approached the girl on her seat. "Come on, let me take you to your room." He sounded so soft... or maybe it was because Youngro could feel herself losing her consciousness very slowly...

When Youngro peeked up to see the Crown Prince who was standing next to her, she wondered how could he look so fresh and not sleepy at all at this hour? He hadn't even finished his cup of coffee but it seemed like he could stay awake for more hours, while Youngro was dying right at that time. He was still wearing his day outfit, a clean and tidy black shirt with long black pants, and as usual, his hair was slicked back. He still looked perfect. On the other hand? Youngro was already in her pink pajamas—

Her own pajamas.

Boonok had prepared another piece of nightgowns but since Youngro would have to stay awake that night for a working session with Sooho, she thought it would be better to wear a two-piece long sleeved pajamas so she could be more... covered.

Because, remember the last time she wore nightgowns when she was with the Crown Prince?

She couldn't fully remember everything that was happened that night but for sure, it could be dangerous for them if Youngro wore the nightgowns that were prepared by Boonok.

"Ugh, Sooho-ssi." Youngro grumbled as she felt the man tapping on her shoulders, asking her to stand up from her seat.

"Come on now, close your laptop." His other hand was reaching out to her laptop screen, slowly pushing it down. And Youngro let him did that.

Maybe she really needed to sleep that time. She could feel her eyes getting heavier and heavier, she didn't even realize Sooho had already pulled her up from her seat. She just obediently followed him.

"There you go. Let me get your laptop." He said as he pushed Youngro slowly away from her seat. His left hand took her laptop with him, while his other hand was reaching out to touch the girl's shoulder. "Alright. Let's go to your room, okay?"