❄️ chapter 33: the date at regent street

chapter soundtrack: moon river - jj heller

❄️

"I love you."

"I love you."

"Sooho-ssi?"

Youngro rubbed her temples. Her head felt so light, a feeling of dizziness would come and go that morning. At the same time, the memories from last night kept on flashing in her head. As she remembered those words she said to the Crown Prince, she immediately washed her face once more. As her eyes gazing down at the running tap water, the girl left out a heavy sigh. In her mind, she was still busy thinking about what just happened last night— and why she had to say that.

"Why did I say that..." she mumbled.

Since she woke up this morning, Youngro hadn't walked out of her room at all. She felt like she was not ready to face Im Sooho. Not yet.

Youngro's tired eyes slowly moved up towards the bathroom mirror, finding her own reflection. She looked... messy. Her long black hair was somehow looked even more tousled than her usual bed hair in the morning. When she tried to comb her hair with her fingers, her visions caught that familiar bruises on her neck... and the sight of it made the girl sighed heavily once more.

They really should avoid drinking together at night...

And the nightgowns too.

Youngro's fingers crumpled the silky fabrics, then pulled it up and took the nightgowns off her body. She bit her lips as she found her own eyes in the mirror. Those marks looked even more visible now. She stared at her reflection once more before turning her heels towards the shower.

"You've done your make up by yourself?"

That was Maeng. She came to Youngro's room at 9 that morning, as she should help the future Crown Princess to get ready for the day as usual. But to her surprise, the girl had prepared herself. She was ready with her casual clothes, her hair was combed neatly, and her light make up was done as well. She was ready for the day.

"Ah, I woke up earlier this morning. The first thing I did was to shower," Youngro chuckled when she saw Maeng looking at her surprisedly. "And I tried to put on the make up by myself. I simply put it on and comb my hair to make sure it's neat. You can retouch it, Maeng."

What could Maeng say? Eun Youngro would look flawless even without any make up. Those light make up she had that morning was enough to highlight her natural beauty already. She thought, there wouldn't be anything to add or retouch. "It's okay, you look good." Maeng tilted her head as she scanned the girl's looks—

"Oops."

Youngro raised both her eyebrows, wondering what made the royal stylist gasped like that. She tried to find what was wrong, but when her eyes saw Maeng's pupils were darted on her neck, the girl froze. She could feel warmth creeping up from her neck, up to her cheeks.

The royal stylist didn't say anything, and proceeded to take out a brush out of her make up box. Her other hand reached a bottle of concealer before finally facing Youngro once more. There was a glimpse of smile on the royal stylist's face when she said, "Come closer, let me help you retouch a bit over there before I go."

There was only one portion of breakfast that morning on the table. Unlike the other days when they had English breakfast most of the time in the morning, that day she was served with Korean traditional dishes. What surprised her the most was a bowl of warm Haejangguk— a hangover menu she would have whenever she had some alcohol the night before.