❄️ chapter 43: the queen dowager & the queen

chapter soundtrack: a bed of flowers - million eyes

Youngro wasn't aware of the time, but she was so sure she overslept that morning. From how bright the ray of sun filling the dimmed room last night, she would guess it was probably passed 7 AM by then.

Her vision was still blurry as she was just woke up seconds ago. So, she decided to close her eyes once more while she's gathering her consciousness. She had a really good sleep last night...

The girl stirred slightly, then proceeded to stretch her body. However, her movement was stopped when she could feel a strong arm that was wrapping her waist, and a warm skin touching her back.

It was Im Sooho.

The thoughts of her sleeping with her newly wedded husband — not to mention what just happened last night — made the girl flustered. It triggered the girl to gather herself up quickly.

She was naked under the blankets and Im Sooho was hugging her closely from the back. By then, Eun Youngro had fully awakened from her sleep. Her eyes were fully opened and she was already thinking of what to do that morning to make things less awkward.

Last night... was amazing. Youngro could feel the slight feeling of sore on the lower part of her body, however she was pleased. She was pleased with everything that happened last night. So she smiled, although her mind was still rushing on finding out what to do and what to say to the man who was hugging her from behind that morning—

"You're awake?"

His hoarse voice surprised her, making the girl instantly snapped her head to the back to find the Crown Prince staring at her from behind. His dark eyes looked dreamy. And Youngro had never seen this man looking as charming as he was that morning.

A fond smile was already plastered on his face the moment Youngro landed her eyes on him. His eyebrows were raised as he was still waiting for the girl to respond. When he saw her freezing on her current position, he left out a soft chuckle. "Good morning, Eun Youngro." He whispered softly.

His arm that was wrapping Youngro's waist moved up to caressed her arms. Slowly, the Crown Prince lowered his head and landed a kiss on her exposed shoulder.

And that gesture completely melted her.

"Good... morning, Sooho-ssi." Youngro pursed her lips and turned her head away, hiding her blushed cheeks.

Her heart was beating so fast. She needed to calm down.

When Youngro could feel her heartbeat progressively turned slower and back to the normal pace, she slowly pushed the side of her body so she could turn around to face Sooho who was laying behind her. And when she did, the first thing she saw was his exposed chest—

Gulp.

Sooho grinned when he found Youngro blinking her doe eyes in silence. She was adorable. And beautiful— like a flower in his eyes.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, tilting his head. His fingers softly stroked her long hair. "Are you... feeling okay, after last night?"

Youngro silently nodded, answering his question.

She didn't know why, but that morning she was feeling so intimate with Sooho. And she thought, the man must be feeling the same way, since he still had his arms wrapping her body once more that morning. She could feel him softly caressing her back while humming softly.