chapter 23

*7 months later*

It had been 7 months since that night out in the diner with Liam. So much has changed since then. Liam and I became a couple again that night. we've been inseparable since then.

Everything he promised me that night he stuck with it. He's been there for every tear I've shed since his promise, he's been there to cheer me on with my accomplishments, he's cheered me up every time I have a bad day, and best if all when I roll over in the morning his godly sleeping figure is what I see.

I also got offered a year round contract with my modeling with Marc Jacobs so that means I have my dream job to keep, score! Along with my MJ job Lorilee landed me a Burberry contract. I have to brag for a minute, I have the worlds best agent like ever! I mean seriously, I would be nothing without her!

Liam and I decided to move into his flat together around Thanksgiving. As for Gillian, she still comes over every day and sometimes when Liam and the boys stay at the studio until late hours in the night Liam will come home to find her in his spot in bed. Hey, what can I say, were just as inseparable as me and Liam.

Apparently up until a month ago Harry had a thing for me and finally it took Liam all the way to threatening to get him to back off. Ohh curly, what am I going to do with you? Silly boy.

As for Zayn, he finally admitted that his dad had been diagnosed with cancer and things aren't looking so great for him. Zayn and myself have been spending a lot of time together because I can somewhat relate to what he's been going through and he says he needs me right now.

All the other boys there still as crazy as ever! And the biggest change yet though would be Paul getting married to my new Auntie Nora. But with the whole 1d family changing so much I don't think anyone was expecting what's gonna happen next, or maybe they would.

It was a snowy and cold February morning and I woke up freezing. I rolled over to find Liam so I could cuddle into him and attract his body heat but shot up when I realized he wasn't in bed. Where is that kid?

I grumble and roll myself out of bed to go and look for my lover in this big flat of ours. As soon as I get to the bottom if the steps I smell food. I smile and walk into the kitchen to see Liam making chocolate chip muffins... Shirtless. I don't know which I was more excited for.

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. "Yummy." I Wisper in his ear placing a kiss on him neck and shoulder. mhmmm Liam lets out a throaty groan and turns around.

"Well good morning my sleeping beauty, I didn't think you were ever going to wake up."

I glanced at the clock to see it say 9:15 and cock a eyebrow at Liam. Seriously, this boy is lucky I got up before noon! Before I know it Liam picks me up and sits me on our island .

"I just wanted to say happy Valentines day!" He whispers kissing me.

I pull away and look at him. "Liam..."

"Yes baby?"

Here I go. I'm doing it now. I'm saying it. Saying those 3 simple words.

"Liam, I love you!" There I said it. It was out in the open. Even though Liam and I had been in a relationship for a while we decided to wait to say that until we really ment it.

Of course I've loved Liam until just now but now I felt was the right time to say it. I could see his face light up when I said those words.

"Audrey, you have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that." He says kissing me again.

"And Liam."

"yes princess."

"I think I'm ready to tell you." Another thing we didn't push, the topic of my parents. He simply nods and holds me closer.

"Liam my umm, my parents were killed. They were killed because my father being the very smart man he was invented something.

"I'm not sure what it was or what it did but I know it was something big and valuable. One day after my father had gone to work and I had gone to school my mom was at home cleaning the kitchen. My father had a important document that he had left at home by mistake from where he was studying it the night before.

"Well when he arrived home he got the document and then stayed and chatted with my mum because they had both been busy lately and hadn't gotten ths chance to talk. So as they sat at the kitchen table staring out of the window laughing and enjoying their tea and each others company there was a knock at the door my mother went to go open it and there was a man there in all black.

"I guess my father could sense his danger so he ran to protect my mother. As he was protecting my mother he was brutally beat along with my mother. The man in black searched my house up and down until he finally found what he was looking for.

"The thing the man was looking for was the thing my father tried so hard himself to hide. I um I found my parents when I got home from school that day and um they were laying in the floor together. I had called for help as quick as I could and didn't know what to do so I just sat there holding them until finally help arrived.

"But the one thing that has stuck with me the most and I never realized until the paramedics were going to get my parents was they they were holding hands. not once had they let go of the others hands. You could just tell they were so weak and frail but they took up everything they had to become connected. being in that hospital was no hope, it was no use.

"By that evening my parents were staying alive off of machines. But doctors, they kept saying that they were going to get better and I didn't want to argue so I agreed. In reality things got way worse and about 2 weeks later my parents died, together, at the same time, holding hands. I always believed that there love was so strong that it took them away together. It didn't want one to suffer while the other had redden all of their pain.

"That's why I'm so touchy on the topic of love. That's why I wanted to wait to tell you. Ya see, I knew I loved you from that first car ride home in that taxi. I knew because ever since that day coming home from school and finding my parents I haven't been able to sleep. I always had this same dream that was my parents lives leaving earth. But you, you Liam James made me feel protected and I haven't had that nightmare since.

"I love you I truly do. I love you with all of my heart and I'm glad to call you mine."

After I say this Liam and I just look at each other. I can tell that he's absorbing every single thing that I just told him and finally, unrepentantly he started crying.

"shhh baby shhhh" I said holding him close to me.

"Audrey, I don't know how to put into words about how sorry I am that all of that happened to you. Now I understand why your so protective and that's okay, that's a good thing. I just want you to know that I love you so so so much, more than you will ever imagine.

"I want to give you a love that you grew up with, what your parents had. I want to prove to you that your my everything. I want to be able to have adorable little curly haired children with you and let them experience what you did.

"Audrey, let me please be the one that gets to experience this love with you?"

And with that being said he pulls away from me and gets down on one knee. From his basketball shorts he brings out a little black box and opened it to reveal an absolute stunning diamond ring. Tears are streaming down my face but I cant help it.

"Audrey Lynn Eastwood, cheek, would you please make me the happiest man in the world and let me give you a love like your parents?" I can't, I'm lost for words. This. This is all so beautiful! All I can do is shake my head yes.

After a few sniffles I finally manage out "ye-yes!"

Liam grows a smile from ear to ear and wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me then sliding the ring on my finger. This moment. This moment was absolutely perfect and nothing could ever change that. I had finally found what I had been looking for the whole time and with the least person I most suspected.

I'm not complaining though because I got the best there was.

"See baby, I told you I was going to stay. Forever and always." He says again kissing me.