chapter 4

"So, tell me Audrey," Lorilee asked, "are you nervous? I mean this is your biggest break yet! You've got to at least some butterflies?"

"Actually I'm a lot calmer about this then I thought I would be! I mean this is my dream guy and I feel like I'm going to be a natural around him!" I said smiling from ear to ear.

With that being said Lorilee's intercom on her phone beeped. "Mrs. Smith, Mr. Jacobs is here to meet with you" the assistant said.

"Great! Right on time, send him up!" As soon as she said that I did start to feel butterflies. What is wrong wrong with you Audrey? Your not nervous! Its him, its Marc! You know you have this, he's told you he wants you to work for him for some time now! C'mon Audrey breath! in, out, in, out, in. You can do this! Do this for mom!

"Audrey dear! Long time no see. Yes?" Mr. Jacobs said as Lorilee opened her office door.

"Good morning sir! Its lovely to see you again!"

"Well thank you love. Eleanor, over there dear, that chair" he said for his assistant to sit down in.

"So Audrey, tell me. What makes you believe that you have the potential to become a model for my company?" He asks me and I can feel my hands begin to shake under the table.

"Well sir, I've admired your company since I've been in secondary school and I just love your collections! I've had other big jobs like Gucci and Coach so I wouldn't be new at this. I catch on really fast. And I just admire your work so much its all just so elegant and delightful and my charisma sir, I've wanted this for a really long time!" I got that out a whole lot easier than I had imagined.

"Audrey dear, I'm so glad that you've had your lovely assistant here contact me because you young lady, I've had my eye on you for a while. I'm delighted to finally be able to welcome you to the family! Congratulations dear!"

Did he really just say that?! I did it! I finally landed my dream job!

"Thank you, thank you, thank you sir! I promise I won't let you down!" I promised him.

Smiling he replied, "I know dear, and please call me Marc! Now I must really be off but I'll have Eleanor here fax your schedule and I'll see you soon!"

"Marc," I repeated, "thank you so much and see you soon!"

As soon as Lorilee and I saw the 2 of them step onto the elevator we turned to each other and screamed like little kids.

"You got it! Your big break,.its finally here!" Lorilee shouts making my mind race.

"I know and all thanks to my lovely assistant!"

We hugged and I had to make my way out. Walking to Starbucks to share my good news to my uncle over a cappuccino.