“How was your nap?”

Jack almost jumped from his seat when he heard that familiar voice. He looked towards the source and saw Martial casually sitting on a chair and drinking coffee while reading a book.

His hands wore a black leather gloves, giving a slight sound of rubber rubbing together whenever he flips the pages.

“This is Tethyria... doing something like this here, aren't you afraid of what comes after our country, Martial?”

Martial didn't look at him. He unhurriedly closed the book. “It is true. In terms of money and military... our country is inferior against the others... But is it something to be afraid of?”

Martial placed the book on the table and faced Jack with a calm and relaxed look.

Jack's expression turned bewildered and surprised. He couldn't believe what he was witnessing at the moment.

A pair of mismatched eyes were glowing as though diamonds and crystals were in it— the same eyes as Philipia.

“You think I didn't know?” Martial asked.

Standing up, he buttoned his coat and fixed his gloves, “Even way before you, Greg, and Philipia found out about our connection with Armageddon, I already knew about it from the very beginning.”

That is why he never baptized Philipia, that is why he forbid it. He knew the pain that comes afterwards, the consequence she must face, and the effects of the eyes.

But he also expected her to disobey his words and would still insist on getting herself a baptism.

Who made her so stubborn to disobey her brother?

Jack wanted to ask but Martial was faster.

“Why?” he asked but answered it himself, “Because I tend to think a lot, I use my head a lot, and it is also because I can't forget anything. All of the things me and Philipia went through is still as vivid as crystal water in my memory, then how about Lola and her connections? You think I wouldn't know?”

Jack trembled on his seat as he looks up at his nephew who already grew up. For the first time, he finds himself weak and helpless in front of him.

Martial looks at him condescendingly. “And even if Tethys knew what I was doing—what can he do about it?” he nonchalantly said.

“If I want, I can just take over this forsaken continent if I want to.”

Suddenly, the pressure in the room cooled down. Jack, as a leader, even had a hard time breathing. It felt like the oxygen wasn't enough and that he could die at any moment.

Meanwhile, Martial stood unhinged and appeared to be unaffected. Yet his eyes kept glowing, like a predator eyeing it's prey.

It could've been a beautiful sight, a good looking man with mismatched eyes that seems to contain a billion stars, yet he gave the opposite feeling as though hell and the abyss was looking at you.

When the air pressure returned to normal, Jack gasped heavily—wheezing, greedily breathing in air.

“Just kidding~” Martial playfully smiled, “It isn't time yet. But— I do have some business with you, oh dear uncle Magdalo. It is about your experience and past. If you don't mind, can you tell me your story?”

His voice just fell when multiple men came in, two of them wore lab coats, one was holding a tray and the other pushing a stroller with medical equipments.

Martial took the syringe, flicked the needle and faced Jack. “I have always been worried and curious about what you've gone through and as your former student and your caring nephew, I can spare some time to listen to it.” he chuckled like a devil, “All of it...”