Forgive Me

⚠️  MATURE CONTENT ⚠️

I stand in the cold, struggling to catch my breath, filled with dread and anxiety at Hannah's words, does she really have evidence! Can she really put us all behind bars! I watch through tear filled eyes, as Jake passes me and asks the officers for a minute with Hannah, and I can't bare it as he embraces her tightly. What the fuck! He can't even look at me! Yet he can embrace that monster! Now i'm pissed! I need to get away from here! I can't deal with this! But Just as I am about to walk away Alan calls after me.

Alan: MC wait! I heard what Hannah said, do not worry I will sort it, I promise! You just go home and rest, I will come and see you tomorrow. You can take your phone for now, I have sent the recording to the appropriate people. If I need it back I'll call you.

He hands me my phone, with a sympathetic expression.

MC: Thank you Uncle Alan, look I'm sorry my actions have put us in jeopardy! I never for a second thought she would have evidence.

Alan: Don't be, you did the right thing. But for the love of God stop getting yourself in dangerous situations!

MC: Well I'm hoping I won't have to anymore.

I don't even say goodbye to the group, I can't face them right now. I feel broken and furious all at once, so I just head home. As I walk inside I can't get Jake's embrace with Hannah out of my head, does he not realise I did this for him, for us! I decide it's best to give him some space, I'm sure Jessy won't mind if I stay at hers, so I drop her a quick text and start to pack a few things into a bag! Do I feel bad for  how I handled things with Hannah! No I don't, she's unhinged and dangerous, she murdered Amy to save herself, and threatened Jake's life, i am not ok with that! I'm starting to wonder what else she has had involvement in, when I hear my phone ping and it's Jessy, she says it is fine to stay with her, so I grab my things and storm towards the door, I swing it open and slam it shut in my temper only to come face to face with Jake.

MC: Don't worry i'll be out of your hair in a sec, I'm going to Jessy's!

I push past him not even looking at him, because i know as soon as i do, i won't be able to walk away. I start walking down the corridor, when he grabs me gently by the arm.

Jake: Please don't go! I want to talk!

MC: Oh you do, do you! Well you could of fooled me!

Jake: Hang on I thought I was the one that was mad here! Why are you mad?!

MC: Because of you obviously!

Jake: MC can we just go inside and talk about this? the last thing I want is to upset you!

MC: How's Hannah? She good?

Jake: Ah you saw that! I can explain!

MC: Yes Jake when you do things directly infront of my eyes, I see them!

Jake: Trust me, I didn't want to, I just did it so I could take her phone from her back pocket, I heard what she said so I had to do something!

MC: Well ok that makes much more sense! Smart move, but I'm still mad!

Jake: MC were you jealous?

MC: Oh grow up Jake, let's go inside!

He can't help but chuckle as we head back inside, and I text Jessy quick to let her know i won't be coming. We take a seat on the sofa at opposite ends to eachother, like two school children awaiting punishment from the principal!