Do you love him.

The density of the forest is starting to block out the daylight more and more the deeper we go. The force of the wind makes the trees sway, rustling the leaves, like crashing waves in the ocean. We keep at a steady pace, staying alert every step of the way, I can only imagine how pissed Jake would be right now, if he knew not only was I in Duskwood but also in the forest with Phil, he has never taken to Phil, because of his flirtatious attitude, he gets jealous even though he won't admit it, but I can tell.

Phil: What's on your mind? I can see somethings bothering you.

MC: It's nothing, I was just thinking about how mad Jake would be, if he knew I was here.

Phil: Can I ask you something? You don't have to answer though if you don't want to.

MC: Sure you can.

Phil: Do you love him?

MC: I do.

Phil appears disappointed by my answer, but he keeps his composure, focusing straight ahead, staying silent for a while, i rub my thumb against the back of his hand, and he gives me a small smile, I feel bad, but the feelings I have for Jake are like nothing else I have ever experienced before, he is so different to any other guy I have ever met, he is special in the best possible way, I just wish he could tell me how he feels. I hear the message tone on my phone go off, but I ignore it, it's probably just the group having to listen to Thomas play guitar, the thought makes me smile, I would love to be with them.

Phil: And him? Does he love you?

MC: I know he cares for me, but as for feelings of love, I honestly do not know, he's not really one for talking about feelings.

Phil: So you have no idea how he feels about you, yet you are willing to put any other possibilities on hold, just for him?

MC: I would do anything for him, well apart from stay away from Duskwood I guess.

Phil: He's a lucky man, there are not many women like you but hey, if it doesn't go as expected in the end give me a call, I would glady take you out, anytime, anywhere.

MC: Ah Phil you are a big softie at heart aren't you. I'll bare that in mind. Thank you by the way, for being here.

He squeezes my hand gently, in reassurance. I really don't understand how the group do not get on with him, he's not a bad guy, quite the opposite actually. My phone goes off again and again, yeah that's definitely got to be the group chat, I will reply as soon as I get back from here. We have been walking now for about 15 minutes, Phil assures me that we are not far, maybe 2-3 minutes out, we do the last stretch in silence, clearly both having things on mind. It is slightly overgrown, but nothing bad enough to slow us down, as i look ahead i see the cabin and i freeze, i can't move, it's like the forest Is closing in around me, as the dirt sinks under my feet, ready to pull me down. Phil releases my hand, moving to stand directly infront of me blocking my view of the cabin, he caresses my face with one hand, staring into my eyes, trying to bring me out of my dazed state.

Phil: Hey I've got you, ok... I've got you. It's just us. We've come this far  we can do this, I am here every step of the way.

His words bring me back to the present, He's right, we can do this, we have too. I smile at him softly as he places a gentle kiss on my forehead and releases my face, moving back to my side and places his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him encouraging me to move forward, we reach the old wooden door, I pull the screwdriver from my bag, I don't know what awaits us on the other side, but I am ready, the fear moves aside replaced by adrenaline, I place my hand on the handle, turning it as quietly as I can, but then I decide to push the door open with force, thinking if anyone is in there hopefully it will at least startle them, making it known we are not alone, but nothing, no sounds, just silence, a musty smell escapes through the open door, I go to step inside when Phil places his arm out infront of me, to hold me back as he walks ahead, checking that it is safe for me to enter, I follow behind him, looking around the empty room covered in a thin layer of dust, there is and old armchair in the corner by the window, next to it stands a small side table, the dust undisturbed, it really has been abandoned for some time. I glance around the room, walls ceiling, floor that's when I spot it, I grab Phil's arm getting his attention, directing my eyes too the floor, a single set of footprints left in the dust, leading down the hallway, there are older indents too but barely visible, all leading in the same direction, maybe we are not as alone as we thought. It is  much darker down there, Phil pulls his  phone from his pocket, turning the torch on, he shines it down the hallway, so we can follow the steps.