Ulric!

MC's POV

I lay here feeling dazed and perplexed, in a pool of my own blood! I must of passed out from the shock or searing pain that's surging through every inch of my body, I ease myself up taking my time, and lean against the cold stone wall for support, my body is weak from dehydration, starvation, and my numerous wounds, my mental state has also taken a battering, and it takes all my strength to pull the sleeve of my top until it tears at the seams, I carefully wrap it around the open wound on my thigh fastening it tightly, to ease the blood flow, hoping it looks worse than what it is, although the blood loss suggests otherwise!We have less than 24 hours, and Hope is all that I have left, Hope that once again Jake evaded his pursuers. Hope that between the group, Alan and himself they will save us! These are the only thoughts keeping me alive in this very moment, and I refuse to believe that my time with Jake is over, I did not fight for him for it to end like this! Ulric groans loudly grabbing my attention, I glance over to see him pointing at the floor, I watch him intently as he places his index finger in the blood that has made it's way over to him, he pulls his blood covered finger out and starts to write something on the concrete. I use the wall to manoeuvre myself closer to see what he is writing, the words read "my son" he can't be serious! can it really be that Otis was behind Jason this whole time, how can such a monster be a person i only remember fondly, did i really cause all this suffering, my blood runs cold at the thought, the man is suppose to be deceased! And if he's Capable of inflicting such horrific wounds on his own father, what in the world is he going to do to me!

MC: Your own son did this to you Ulric?

He nods in agreement, and starts to sob, it is clear he has only ever wanted his son's approval and now look at him, a shell of a man waiting for death!

MC: I'm sorry he did this to you. We will get out of here ok! They will find us! There is still hope!

He looks up giving me a half hearted smile, and starts to write something else, then the door swings open before i can read it, I recoil back to my position, trying to avoid eye contact with Otis, he's unpredictable and that scares me more than anything! I hear him place our daily glass of water and stale bread on the concrete floor. I stay quiet, as quiet as I possibly can, it seems the sound of my voice is an easy trigger for him, and I can not risk anymore attacks!

OTIS: WELL MC YOU HAVE LEFT QUITE THE FUCKING MESS ON MY FLOOR! BUT LUCKILY FOR YOU I'M IN A GOOD MOOD! 21 HOURS AND COUNTING! THE PREPARATIONS HAVE BEGUN!

He paces the room, excitable like a little child on his birthday, but then he stops.

OTIS: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!

Fuck!!! What could I have possibly done now, i have not even said a word!! I'm to petrified to look but i have to know what he's so angry about, I glance over at him to realise it's not me he is angry with, it's Ulric! He's spotted the writing on the floor, a lump rises in my throat not wanting to witness what ever punishment awaits Ulric. Otis storms out the room and returns with a thick rope and a chair, I look at Ulric and as he catches my gaze he starts to sob, i can see his heart is broken, the love he holds for Otis even after everything he's done is undeniable, he lunges forward grabbing on to Otis's leg, as a last hope, he just wants to hold him, one last time, his son, his flesh and blood! I can't help but sob with Ulric seeing how desperate he is for his son's love, only to be rejected! Otis kicks ulric off and grabs the rope, placing it around Ulric's neck and tying it tightly, he stands on the chair and threads the other end through a thick metal hoop attached to the ceiling. He walks over and releases Ulric from his shackles.