Alex.

Everyone stays silent, to scared to move, to scared to speak, as if frozen in time, instantaneously everything goes pitch black and the screams are piercing my ears, sending shock waves through my body, I wince at the sound, Panic and fear emanate through the phone, then the line goes dead. I try calling back again and again, I try different people from the group, all to no avail. I drop to the floor cupping my face in my hands, this is all my fault, what if he's taken them! What if they are hurt! I have to go there, I have to make sure they are ok. I swear if he has touched a single hair on their heads I'll kill him myself!! I grab my phone and keys and head to the door, my phone starts ringing, and Jessy's name pops up, I answer it in a heartbeat, please be ok!

MC: OH MY GOD!! are you all OK? What happened? I was so worried.

Jessy: I am so sorry MC, we thought he was here, we were all petrified, turns out it was a power cut, we are all ok though, just a bit shaken up.

MC: Thank god, I thought you guys were hurt, it's not safe for you anymore, you should go back home.

Dan: To hell we are, I say we stay and fight, it's five against one, we can take him, we also have the advantage of having a weapon, I say we stay!

Jessy: Dan's right MC I am tired of running, he can't take us all.

Cleo: Agree, if we position ourselves at all entry points, then he won't be able to get in without our knowing.

MC: Guys do you really think this is a good idea? If any of you get hurt it's on my head, I am the one he wants!

Lilly: Mc we've got this, you are one of us now. So don't even think of being the hero and coming to Duskwood, we are not handing you over to that maniac.

Thomas: Well I think she should come, at least then we stand a chance of getting Hannah and Richy back.

The group: SHUT UP THOMAS!!!

Dan: Don't listen to him boo, we've got this, it will be over before you know it.

Jessy: We will keep you updated ok, please don't worry, this is our best shot.

MC: I hope you are right, text me as soon as anything happens ok! And please stay safe.

I hate to admit it but Thomas is right. If anything happens I am going there whether they like it or not. I need to keep myself distracted in the mean time. I rummage through the drawers pulling out my black dress, it's casual and comfortable, I place it on the bed and head to the shower, the water fires out with such force, making me adjust my footing, but it feels so good on my skin, the shampoo has such a strong citrus smell I can almost taste it. I get cleaned up and grab a towel, I stare at my reflection in the mirror, that stands above the dresser, my face looks tired, and my eyes slightly swollen, I apply cream, foundation some mascara and some lip balm. It is amazing what a little makeup can do. By this point i am completely dry so I slip into my dress, then dry my hair, it is naturally wavey, and I like it like that, it is definitely my favourite attribute, so I leave it. I think about texting Jake, I despise the fact that we are not talking, I miss him, but the thought also makes me feel exasperated especially after what happened with the group, I thought he might of at least text to see if I was ok! I certainly need a drink after todays events, I spray some perfume, put on my leather jacket and boots, throw my keys and phone into my bag and head out the door. I was hoping to talk to Mrs Walters about Ulric but she is not there, so i continue on. Until a man's voice shouts after me, I turn to see Alex, He strolls up to me, I can tell he's just showered the citrus smell is undeniable.

Alex: Hey MC, you look nice, where are you heading off too?

MC: Hey Alex, I am just heading to Aurora to meet a friend.