Jake

Jake sits in the bay window in my motel room, resting his elbows on his knees with his head in his hands. I desperately want to see his face, but he does not raise his head to look at me, not once. I feel so perplexed, why won't he look at me! Why won't he speak! I can't help but stare at him admiring his physique, I can see the outline of his muscles slightly protruding through the sleeves of his hoodie, not too muscular but I can tell he takes great care of himself. He is wearing black jeans, a white t-shirt and black hoodie, I notice he keeps his hood up as if it's a comfort for him, a place to hide even infront of me. I speak up trying to break the tension, also pulling him away from his thoughts.

MC: Jake why are you really here?, it's too dangerous for you.

Jake: I have taken precautions MC, there is certain things I have realised recently, and I just needed to see you.

MC: Yet you can't even look at me. Look I understand you are mad..

Jake abruptly cuts me off mid sentence, still not raising his head to look at me, he's shaking his leg up and down, he's agitated and nervous, he releases a sigh that makes me feel like what ever is coming I am not going to like it. I head to the bed and sit on the edge facing away from him in the hopes it will help calm him.

Jake: No you don't get it, that is why I am here, I want to tell you exactly how I feel, and why you coming here hurt me so much, I know I am not great at talking about my feelings, but for you I want to try, I want to be completely honest and open with you.
Mc I have been on the run for years now, leaving family and friends behind, granted it was my choice, and mine alone, I got use to being alone pretty quickly, but over time I forgot how to feel, I spent years feeling nothing, living a life without actually living it, until I met you! You are the one person that has made me regret the lifestyle I chose, you made feel again and it fells so good, but it comes with so much heartache, knowing i can never give you the life you deserve, you could never be truly happy with someone like me.  you make me feel things I have never felt before, so when I found out you were here I felt my whole world crash around me, I was beyond heartbroken. Don't get me wrong I understand why you did it, but you have to understand that in that moment I thought I had lost you forever, MC I thought you were dead! That's why I sent Alex and I immediately started working on a way to hold off my pursuers long enough so i could be with you, because when I thought you were dead I realised that a world without you in it is a world I don't want to exist in. I don't know how all this is going to play out but I knew I had to be with you at least once. I don't want to lose you, you are and always will be my everything. But I can never be enough for you, you deserve the world and I cannot give you that. I will stay until we find Hannah, and I will protect you by any means necessary, but after that I must say goodbye to you, and that will be the hardest thing i ever have to do, because my life is too dangerous for you, a woman like you should not live in the shadows. I am truly sorry, believe me.

I can not comprehend everything he has just said, I had no idea he felt so strongly towards me, he's opened up like I never thought he would,and I know how hard that must of been for him, but right now my heart is shattering, he can't leave me like this, he just can't. Jake gets up and walks to the door pulling it ajar, no there is absolutely no way I'm letting him leave like this, I leap from the bed, rush to the door and slam it! It takes Jake by surprise, I guess he's not use to having someone ready to fight for him, but he is about to find out what its like, he has no idea how special he is.

MC: No! You don't get to come into my life like this, say all these things to me, and just walk out without letting me have my say! That's not fair!

Jake doesn't say a word, but he understands, he goes back over to sit in the bay window, and I stay stood against the door, I can't risk him leaving before I've had my say.