Hackathon

Siddhan's Pov.

Next few days were tough for Sanvi and her family. I was getting on my bike when my phone pinned with watsapp message of Sayali.

" Hey Sanvi is coming to college today".

I drove on my bike to college and was waiting for Sanvi near their department. I want to see her badly.

Few of my friends came to me to talk but  I was not at all paying attention to them . Amit understood my situation and engaged them with some talks.

Their bus arrived and I ran towards the bus . She got down from the bus . Sayali was talking to her from the window seat. Sanvi was so engrossed in their talks that she noticed me only when Sayali greeted me. She was looking tired and weak.

She gave me a small smile and said hello.
I wanted to hug her and tell her that everything is going to be fine. But restrained myself from doing it. I greeted her back and enquired about her mother.

" She will be fine. Her operation is scheduled in two weeks." Sanvi informed and I nodded.

" So how come you are here. Aren't you getting late for your classes?" Sanvi asked

And I couldn't think of any excuses. Sayali came for my rescue." He had some work with your HOD regarding the inauguration of incubation centre. Go Siddhan HOD must be waiting for you. "

I just nodded.

" Oh ok then bye Siddhan my friends are waiting for me." Sanvi said pointing towards a group of girls.

Sanvi went in their direction and I could see they all were teasing her. I couldn't help but blush.They all went inside and I saw few boys giving me death glares. I just ignored them and went towards Amit. Now my friends also were giving me teasing looks. Not again !!

" Oh Sid boy ...... what was  cooking there."?
Apurv ...one of my IT friend asked me.

"Cooking? What's cooking and where?" I just asked him casually.

" I don't know about cooking but there is definitely something burning " Ronit one more friend of mine from IT dept said looking towards those boys who were giving me death glares earlier.

" What do you mean?" I asked them confused.

" Sid baba you can see all these boys glaring at you ...they all tried their luck on Sanvi. But Sanvi is Sanvi...she never even glanced at them . And here she is given her sunshine smile to you and you both looked quite comfortable talking to each other. What's the matter boy?"Apurv asked.

" It's nothing I was just enquiring about her mother's health." I informed them.

" Oh...oh..oh...oh.. So you both have come so close?" Ronit asked.

" It's nothing like that " I shook my head trying hard to maintain poker face.

"Haha as if we are blind but we are happy for you both .She is a nice girl Siddhan."Ronit said given me genuine smile.

I didn't wanted to drag the topic so I just gave excuse that I and Amit are getting late so we bid byes and we went towards our department.

That day I and Amit were called in Principals office to discuss about the inauguration of the incubation centre. And the date was fixed on coming Saturday as it will be off for students as well.Principal informed that the chief guest will be the IT minister of our state. So all the preparations should be perfect. He also informed that the next week will be fun week and also we will be conducting hackathon. It will be put on the notice board today itself.

A team of students were made to look after the preparations of the inauguration. And HODs were personaly looking after all the arrangements.

Soon the day arrived and our chief guest was impressed with the incubation centre.
He is having few projects in his mind which  he ensured that he will give to our company only and told us to apply for tender.