Bus mates

Sanvis POV

Today is Sunday...Sunday is very special day for me you know why ? Because I was born on Sunday ...yup I am a Sunday baby and I have made a ritual of performing 108 surya namaskaras every Sunday.I always feel a sense of achievement after doing it.

Later that day I got a call from my school friend Sayali.

Sayali: Hi Sanvi

Sanvi : Hey Sayali I thought you forgot me.

Sayali: No sweety how can I forget you?

Sanvi: Oh really than tell me where you vanished for so many months?

Sayali : Are baba you know Naa it was my last year in diploma college and I had to prepare for engineering entrance exam too. So was bit occupied. And guess what?

Sanvi: What ?

Sayali: I got admission in your college in comp department in second year.

Sanvi: Really that's great! But you are not in my department 😕

Sayali: I know and I opted for comp on persistent of my friends from diploma who are also joining with me. You can say we are three musketeers. They help me in my studies .And also I have reached here only because of them.If I had joined your department I would have been alone.

Sanvi: I understand.

Sayali : Now tell me about the college bus.

Sanvi : ahh ...don't worry about that it has a stop near your house.

Sayali : oh great ! I am joining college from tomorrow.

Sanvi: I will keep a seat for you in the bus.I am happy that I can meet you everyday now.

Sayali: Thanks Sweety.

Sanvi: You are always welcome.

Sayali: Then see you tomorrow,bye

Sanvi:Oh Sayali wait ..by the way you need to dress properly. Our principal is very strict in this matter. No mini skirts for girls and sleevless t-shirts for boys . And also your dressing should be presentable . Like you can say semi formal. No cartoon tshirts and all.

Sayali:" Oh thanks for informing sweety. Bye."

Sanvi : "Bye"

I can't believe Sayali is doing so good in studies .After 12th she joined diploma for three years as she couldn't get admission in engineering at that time. It's not that she is not hardworking but she hated theory subjects but is extremely good in practical stuffs.I am happy for her but she is not aware what's coming her way.... Engineering is full of theory subjects and practicals... Hhh they assume that we already know the basics and we are here to implement advanced stuffs. I don't want to scare her by telling all these things. Anyhow she will know.

Next day

As promised Sanvi kept a seat for Sayali.Sayali climbed and saw Sanvi seating on second last seat of the bus and that's the Ladies seat. They side hugged each other.

Sanvi said excited " I am so so so happy that now we both are in same college."

" Yup , but it's for only one year as this is your final year. From next year I will be alone ." Sayali said pouting.

Sanvi: " Oh come on now don't spoil your mood . And you have to catch a seat for me while coming back as bus will start from your department and at last it stops at my department building.".

Sayali: " Are our departments at the two ends of the college?".

Sanvi" Yes,our college campus consists of four building dedicated to each department and are quite far from each other.First is IT Department which is mine, then Electronics department , then mechanics and at last Computers."

Soon they reached the college which is at the outskirts of the town they live.Bus stopped at the IT department building where Sanvi had to get down.They bid byes to each other and Sayali promised to keep seat for her in the evening .

The whole day went in a blink with back to back lectures and practicals.

And in the evening Sayali kept the seat for her friend as promised.

Sanvi settled on the seat and asked Sayali" So how was your first day in college?."

" It was good.But we have missed a lot of syllabus and need to catch up." Sayali said sighing.

" I am not asking you about studies, Tell me did you like the college.I mean classroom,labs etc?" Sanvi asked her more precisely this time.

With that Sayali started laughing. And she was trying to tell something between her laughs but Sanvi couldn't understand a word. Other people in the bus were looking at them weirdly.

" Finish your laughing first and then speak."Sanvi said shaking her head at her childish behaviour.

" Ok ok sorry. You know today principal made a surprise visit to our department and that time we were in practical labs.
My friend Siddhan was wearing tshirt with funny print and principal asked him whether he has come to some circus. For which in nervousness he said yes. The principal was beyond furious and as a punishment asked him to wear the tshirt oolta.😂".

"OMG, Haha... that's hilarious." Sanvi and other people who were around them also heard and laughed at the incident.

" Now you tell me how was your day." Sayali asked after she finished with her laughter.

" Lecture in the morning and practicals and project after lunch". Sanvi said in a boring tone.

" Tell me something about the final year projects. What kind of projects we need to do. Are they company projects.?"Sayali asked and was listening to her attentively.

" Well, it completely your choice whether to do company project or inhouse projects. College will assign you one internal guide in both cases. If you are doing company project then the company will assign you  their guide and they are called external guide. So in this case both internal and external guide will asses your project. But if you are opting for inhouse project then only internal guide will do the assessment."
Sanvi informed.

" You will be finishing with the college this year then what are your plans.?"Sayali asked her

" I am planning to go in the field of data analytics. So I was thinking of doing MBA in business analytics. I am just waiting for this year to finish fast.And we have to do internship also. God..when this will get over.Infact I wish I could do internship in data analytics itself. But companies here hardly use data analytics and even they use they don't provide internships." Sanvi said sighing.

They didn't realise how time went and the bus had reached at Sayalis stop.And another day came to an end.