On the Wind

Cas stretched, holding a still sleeping Grace in his arms. He could hear the others whispering in the kitchen. The sun was streaming through the windows as he rose, softly rocking his daughter. The floorboards creaked under him as he followed the smell of fresh brewed coffee. The others all turned to him as he entered. Their faces were drawn
     "What?" He asked tensely.
    "Just worrying." Jody confessed.
     Cas nodded, holding the infant a little tighter to him. Her soft cooes making his lips twitch upward as he watched her slumber. Such a powerful being in such a small innocent body.
     "We can't stay here too long. We need to get on the road." Dean said, sipping his coffee.
     Sammy nodded, drinking from his own mug. "I'll load the car."
    Cas nodded as he and Jody left the kitchen. Dean stood alone, leaning against the counter. The hunter and the Angel watched each other in silence. No words would be able to convey what they already knew. The bright red target on their back like a beacon of misery.
     Cas walked over to Dean, taking his now feminine jaw in one hand as he cradled the baby in the other. Dean's eyes were hollow. The dread there shining through past the beautiful green.
     "We'll figure this out." Cas whispered as he pressed his forehead to Dean's. Dean sighed, his breathe brushing over Castiel's lips. Coffee and minty tooth paste not able to smother the smell that was Dean.
     "What happens if we don't? What happens if we fail?" Dean asked, his voice barely audible.
     "Failing isn't something we've ever done." Cas said in reply.
     Failing wasn't an option in this. Not with the Grace on the line. Grace was all that mattered here.
     Jody walked back through the kitchen, duffle bag in hand. "I left some clothes for you on your bed."
     Dean nodded to her as Cas pulled back. He gave Dean a quick kiss on his lips. Trying not to let Dean see the worry written all over his face as he headed back to the living room to get Grace ready for travel.
     Grace stretched her tiny arms up as Cas laid her on the blanket he'd spread across the floor.
      Sammy came back in, "Let's be quick alright?"
     "Yes, mom." Dean smirked from behind his cup.
     "Hush it Jugs." Sammy replied, a wicked grin on his lips. Dean's eyes widened as he looked down at his chest. "Maybe try wearing a bra before they sag to the floor." Sammy cackled as he left out the door again.
     Dean flipped his brother off, setting his cup on the counter as he turned towards the bedrooms.
    Cas shook his head, grinning down at the babe as he changed and got her ready for the long drive ahead of him. Just as he was lifting her back into his arms tires squealed outside. A car coming to an abrupt stop.
     Dean came running, still pulling the shirt Jody had given him over his head. He was indeed finally wearing a bra Cas observed, stifling the heat that flooded his veins.
     "Who the fuck is that?" Dean whispered to Cas as he handed over the baby.
     Cas lifted his finger to his lips, listening. Sammy was yelling outside. Whoever it was... it couldn't be good.
     The Angel motioned for Dean to get to the living room. Dean nodded back, ticking Grace in close to his chest and he huddled near the fire place. Cas ducked low, shuffling over to the front windows. A black sedan sat outside. The windows tinted darkly. Not allowing a glimpse inside.
     The door opened, but all Castiel could see were long naked legs ending in high black high heels. Motion drew Cas's eye. Sammy had pulled his gun from his waist. Aiming it the person exiting the car.
     No this couldn't be good for them at all.