chapter 43: new ends, old beginings

sooooooo 4.4k i think thats new. Nice. 

It was useless, Logan knew that, but that didn't stop him from trying to continue the class, mostly because they had nothing else to do as they waited. He himself was somewhat distracted, struggling to find more creative explanations for the concepts so that Remus could comprehend negative numbers (and how yes its logical and even tho you cant own negative baskets it is still a concept with money god why is it so hard from he he understood fractions incredibly fast compared to Janus), while both his students' minds wondered away as well. It was somewhat ironic, how the reason they were unable to focus was someone else's exam. Having Janus so close by wasn't much help either, partially because everyone knew that when the even finished, he'd be the one to answer the call, partially because he kept flirting with Remus and making him loose the little focus he still had.

Logan sighed and rubbed his eyes, having taken his glasses off not long ago. He pushed the books away and turned to face Janus, who was fidgeting with his phone, turning it around in his hands

"Isn't it weird he's having his exam practically at midnight?" Logan asked. Everyone was thinking about this, so might as well start a conversation.

"Not really," Janus started explaining, "Virgil doesn't mind sharing his nature with others as much as some of us do, which is why half the court are vampires."

"They are? Well, that's a nice coincidence..."

"Oh, trust me, it isn't," Janus rolled his eyes, "Virgil totally didn't use the fact he's my friend to get some... special adaptations during his education. I mentioned it before, people owe me favors, and considering it's for a good cause, I didn't mind lending Virgil a bit of help."

"Isn't that like- cheating? Using your influence to get him to pass and-"

"Not really. All I did was convince the people to allow him to take the exams at night and all that. Its reasonable stuff, this should be mandatory for supernatural creatures such as himself, but it still had to be done. Anyways, I specifically told them not to go easy on the boy to "compesate" for it. We can't get him used to the fact that just because I'm important he's getting everything for free."

"You... isn't his education  free? You're paying for it-"

"Shush it, teach," Janus interrupted Logan with a wave of his hand, making the younger one frown. Before he could further argue, a buzzing sound was heard, quickly interrupted as Janus brought his phone close to his ear, "Virgil?"

"Is it Virgil?" Patton asked, jumping off his chair and hurrying over to sit next to Janus, trying to steal the phone away from him, "Virgil! Virgil, how did your exam go?"

"Wait a minute tadpole," Janus muttered, taking the phone way from his ear, messing with the setting slightly before speaking again, "Ok, I think I turned the speaker on- is this working?"

"Ey," Virgil called, "Can y'all hear me? Or did Janus mess up again?"

"We can hear you!" Patton nodded, forgetting the fact that Virgil couldn't see him do so, while Janus mocked an offended gasp, "Tell us! Tell us! How did it go?"

"I am happy to announce y'all no longer speaking to Virgil no more," Virgil's voice turned low as he said this, before exclaiming, "I'm officially Dr. Fox now! I passed! They liked my thesis! I'm a doctor in bioscience!"

"Yay!!!" Patton started cheering

"Meaning thee hath passed the exam/presentation/whatever thee were suppose to do just fine?" Remus asked for extra confirmation

"Yes, you dumbass!" Virgil confirmed, "I'm important now! I'm Emile-level smarts! I'm the smartest person of the land!"

"That's an over-exaggeration," Logan rolled his eyes, "You're not smarter than anymore just because you have a tittle now"

"Shut it, dreamboat, we all know you're just jealous"

"Whatever you say, Virgil"

"That's Dr. Fox to you," Virgil snicked.

"Oh my god-" Logan groaned, shaking his head

"What are you gonna do now?" Patton asked, ignoring Logan, "Are you gonna come and celebrate? Are we gonna have a party? Are you giving me candy?"

"Well..." Virgil trailed, failing to hide his laughter, "Unfortunately, no. Remy came here, its waiting for me outside, we had planned to go to its place, have some food, eat, etc., to celebrate and all. An amazing way to finish up the night, if you ask me"

"In yond case, thee should go to thy boyfriend," Remus said

"Indeed. We'll have another little party for you when you get home," Janus agreed

"And there'll be cupcakes!" Patton exclaimed

"Oh, really?" Virgil's voice asked

"That's a real good question, Patton... especially considering how we don't have cupcakes, at least not when i last checked," Janus agreed, "How do you plan on making that happen?"

"Virgil is buying them on the way back, of course!" Patton chirped, making everyone laugh.

"That's a very strong argument, not gonna lie," Virgil chuckled, "I'll get you cupcakes, tadpole"

"Hurray!" Patton exclaimed

"Now, I gotta fly. See ya later, motherfuckers!" Virgil said, hanging up fast enough so that he couldn't hear Patton calling him up for swearing.

Now that the call had ended, and they had nothing better to do, the group decided to head downstairs and inform Emile on the good news, in case Virgil hadn't done it already.

When they got down, however, they saw Emile approaching the front door and opening it, allowing them to see a stranger standing there.

They were tall, taller than Logan, but not as much as Emile. Their hair looked bright orange to the yellowish light of the house, their curls looking slightly dusted, hair not in the best condition, cut in a mullet with shaved sides. They had a scar on the left eyebrow and the slightest hint of mustache, with big lobe piercings. As for clothes, they wore a denim vest over a white t shirt tucked in their ripped jeans, an orangy-red flannel wrapped around their waist, a chain hanging from their neck. For some reason, they reminded Logan of Billy, from stranger things.

It seemed like no one recognized them.

"Hello?" The guy asked, voice sounding a bit raspy, "I'm looking for, uh... The Python?"

A/N

*strident, evil laughter*

And so it begins....

Also my sister did the character design for this mystery guy no one recognizes. It was her idea

She wanted to give him freckles but i refused

Should the freckles have happened? Vote here now! It *might* become canon, but if i were you, i wouldn't trust myself!

Peace, Love and Granola