My head

Rhaella was showing an extremely attractive girl how to fight with a sword.
She would have been Rhaella's age, if not a year older.

The Supreme Commander was having trouble speaking every time those beautiful brown eyes looked in her direction and June, who was there with her, wasn't helping her one bit.

"Help me out, will you?" Rhaella asked, leaning against the wall besides June while the girl ran some laps to keep her body warm.

"Why should I? It's hilarious seeing you in distress!" Her friend laughed. "You can embarrass people with a look but you can't talk to a girl you have s crush on!"

"I do not have a crush on her!" Rhaella argued. "I barely know her!"

"But if she came knocking to your door tonight, you would let her in."

"That's not the same and you know it." Rhaella looked at the girl again and sighted. "It's too soon."

"Look" June said, grabbing Rhaella by the shoulders and forcing her to look at her. She spun them around, so that Rhaella had her back to everyone in the room and June lifted her mask to see her friend's face, "you said it was too soon with Lorcan too. And now you regret it. I don't want to see you make the same mistake twice."

Rhaella stayed silent and looked down at her feet.

"Have fun." June smiled. "Kiss and sleep with people, date boys and girls and just... Enjoy your life. We can't do anything to change our last or to bring people back... And I'm sure Evelyn and Lorcan are screaming at you for crying over them still."

Rhaella chuckled lightly.

"It does sound like them." She whispered.

"You are still having nightmares, right?" Rhaella nodded. "But those voices are gone, right?" Rhaella nodded again. "What about the forest? Do you still dream with it?" Again, she nodded. "You are getting better... Maybe sharing time with someone that isn't us will help too."

"I don't lose anything trying, right?"

"That's my girl." June smiled as she put Rhaella's mask back on. "Now, go back to your lover." She said, pushing her towards the girl.

Rhaella laughed before going back to the girl, who was waiting for her with a smile on her lips, her breathing heavy.

And Rhaella decided that, maybe, it was worth it living. Not just surviving.

***

"Wake up." Someone said, shaking her.

Rhaella's eyes opened and she saw Galatea standing over her.

Rhaella covered her naked body even more with her blanket.

"What the hell?!" She hissed.

"Get up, we are waiting for you in the basement." Galatea looked over at the girl lying on her back besides Rhaella, the blanket barely covering her naked body and winked her eye at Rhaella.

"Gross." Rhaella frowned. "Aren't you like a hundred years old?"

"I'm sixty, girl." Galatea said, leaving the room. "Hurry up!" She screamed, waking up the girl that lied next to her.

"Was that Queen Galatea?" She asked, her voice soft and quiet.

'She wasn't that quiet last night.' Rhaella thought and immediately cursed her hormones.