Defying the King

It had been two months.

Two months since she had last seen Nesta, Elain or Feyre.

Two months since she had last seen Dante or Lorcan.

Her days were all the same: wake up at dawn, train with Hugo, eat, study with Delilah, eat, sleep and repeat.

It was...boring. Incredibly boring and repetitive.

And lonely.

No one talked to her, they almost pretended she didn't exist. And no one answered her questions.

'Where is Dante? Where is everyone? This place is full of newbies, where are the legends of this Guild?'

Everytime she asked Hugo, he made her run laps.
Everytime she asked Delilah, she told her to stick to their studies and not to ask questions.

She was growing tired of it, honestly.

She had left her family for this place, she at least deserved some answers.

So when her training with Hugo was interrupted one morning because if the King's arrival, she was excited.

All of the criminals went to the main doors and waited for the King of Criminals to enter.
He was followed by his affiliation, as usual.

Marylyn, Nick and Marcel surrounded him, almost in a protective stand.

'As if Dante needed protection. He doesn't rule the crime of Prythian and the Continent because of nothing'

The only thing Dante and his Guild hadn't reached were the fae lands.
And thank the forgotten Gods for that! All the gold of the world wouldn't be enough to make Rhaella set a foot in there.

Rhaella was far away, almost in the end of the hall, right next to the door to the training room. Hugo and Delilah were at her sides.

Dante walked down the hallway, looking at his criminals as they knelt.

"Do I have to kneel as well?" Rhaella whispered at Delilah, both had their attention still on Dante's figure.

Delilah furrowed her eyebrows before answering.

"You once said you wanted to be a royal, someone powerful. Do royals kneel, Rhaella?"

"They don't." She answered, turning to look at Delilah.

The woman met her eyes and came closer to her.

"Then neither do you. No matter what, you kneel to no one."

Dante was closer now.

Hugo knelt by her side.

Rhaella's eyes were still on Delilah's. The older woman grabbed her hand and squeezed it, giving her the strength she needed before she, as well, sunk ti her knees, leaving Rhaella to stand alone.

She looked at the man in front of her and she heard Delilah's voice in the back of her head.

'Are royals kept in the dark? Is information hidden from them?'

'No. No they are not. And neither will you.'

Dante's eyes stayed on hers.

Front the corner of her eye she could see Marcel, Dante's heir, red from fury.
Marylyn and Nick weren't happy either.

It was a challenge.
She hadn't been here for even a year and she was already defying him.

"Long time no see, Rhaella." Dante said, his voice cold like death.