Epilogue - Forever My Always

5 years later

5 years later...

"Aspen Flora Rhodes, you get your butt down here, right now!" Evelyn yelled from the kitchen. I look down at Asher with wide eyes.

"Uh oh." Asher says and we both snicker. "It's your turn Daddy." He says as we return our attention back to Candy Land.

"Sorry Bub." I say.

A couple of minutes later Aspen comes walking in, tears running down her face. "What's wrong baby?" I ask as she takes a seat on my lap.

"Mommy yelled at me." She says, wrapping her little arms around my neck.

"And why did Mommy yell at you?" Evelyn asks, waddling into the living room, a stern look on her face.

"Because I colored on the wall..." She says looking down with a pout.

"And what do we not do?"

"Color on the wall..." She says, wrapping her arms back around me as I rub her back.

"Did we learn our lesson?" I ask and she pulls her head away from my shoulder.

"Yes." She says, turning around in my lap. "Can I play?"

"We're in the middle of the game Aspen." Asher says, moving his figure up a couple of spaces.

"You can be on my team." I say and she grins before a pout comes back on her face. "What's wrong?"

"I don't like the color blue." She starts to cry again.

"It's okay Squirt, we can change it." She immediately calms down, a smile spreading across her face before she changes the blue little gingerbread man out for the yellow one. "See, all better."

"Suck up." Evelyn mutters from the doorway.

"Watch it pregnant lady." I say, not even bothering to look at her.

After 5 years, It was finally happening. I was getting my twins. One boy, and one girl. Perfect. I'd have my own little hockey team.

"Excuse me?" She asks and I immediately regretted it.

"I love you." I call out from my shoulder.

"Mommy, come be on my team." Asher says, looking up at her with his best puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know, are you winning Bubby?" She asks, walking over to us.

"Yes!" He says, looking up at her.

"Grey, you're gonna have to help me." She says and I put my hand out, chuckling.

She kneels down, one leg at a time as she holds onto my arm for support, grunting throughout the whole process.

"Mommy, why are your boobies so big?" Aspen asks and I try to stifle a laugh.

Aspen recently learned what "boobies" were after a little incident with Asher during bath time. We had to have a "no-no zone" talk with her.