15. Date Night

Author's Note:
I did a double update so make sure you read chapter 14 first!

*

Lover (Remix)- Taylor Swift (feat. Shawn Mendes)

I finished rolling the sleeves up on my white button down shirt that was tucked into my grey dress pants when my phone started to vibrate

I finished rolling the sleeves up on my white button down shirt that was tucked into my grey dress pants when my phone started to vibrate. Picking it up to see it was my mom I quickly answered.

"Hey mama."

"Hey!"

"I'm kinda busy, whatcha need?" I ask slipping on my all black watch from Fossil.

"I was just seeing what you had going on this week?"

"Uhh, I have training on Wednesday and Friday from 10-3, why?"

"Ah, well, it seems as though I'm the only one who hasn't gotten to meet Evelyn. So, I'll be there tomorrow!" She says as I chuckle.

"Couldn't have told me a bit more ahead of time?" I ask knowing she never does.

"No. I like springing it on you. What are you busy doing now anyways."

Fuck.

"I'm going on a date..." I mumble quietly.

"What was that, I can't hear you when you mumble Greyson."

"I'm going on a date!" I say rubbing my hand over my face, before she laughed.

"Yeah right." She says as she continues to laugh.

"I am." I say getting agitated.

"Greyson, you haven't been on a date since your freshman year of high school!" She says as she practically snorts through the phone.

"Well, I'm going on one tonight." I say, holding the bridge of my nose.

"You're going on a date, when you have another girl, carrying your baby, living with you?! I raised you better than that!"

"Mom-"

"Don't "mom" me!" She says as I can practically hear her eye roll through the phone. She continues to go on before I finally interrupt her.

"I'm going on a date with Evelyn!" I say as there is silence on the other end of the phone.

"What did I tell ya! I knew this would happen!"

"It seems as though everyone did."

She chuckled before speaking up again, "Alright well I'll let you go, send me some pictures."

"You'll see her tomorrow."

"So, I still want pictures." She says as I chuckle, "Alright, I'll send you pictures."