3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive

Daddy Issues - The Neighbourhood

"I say we call it even, I knocked up your sister, and you beat the shit out of me like you said you would

"I say we call it even, I knocked up your sister, and you beat the shit out of me like you said you would." I say grinning as good as I could without reopening the wound on my lip.

Chris chuckles, "Deal."

The door to the kitchen opens as Evelyn comes walking out, "You two about done?" She asks, yawning.

"Yeah, I think we are." Chris says as he stands up, stretching. I glance at my phone to see that it was almost 8 o'clock.

"Hey, how did mom and dad react?" He asks as Evelyn stops what she was doing.

"Uhh.."

"You didn't tell them yet?!" He asks, looking agitated.

"They're actually going to kill me, you realize that, right?" she says, wiping down the counter.

"Come on, Ev, call them. Now." He says as she groans, before grabbing her phone. "Put it on speaker." He says as we both stand on either side of her.

"Hey honey!"

"Hi mom."

"Whatcha doing?"

"I'm finishing up at the bakery."

"Still? it's almost 8 o'clock, go home baby."

"I'm going too soon. Hey, is dad there?"

"Yeah I'll grab him."

There's some shuffling and mumbling in the background when her mom speaks up.

"Okay, we're both here."

"Hey sunny."

"Hi dad..."

"What's up honey?", her mom asks.

She takes a deep breath before she speaks up.

"Um, well t- the thing is, um, I'm kind of-"

"Just say it, Evelyn."

"I'm pregnant."

She says as there's silence on the other end of the phone.

Chris rest's his elbows on the counter, resting his chin on his fist.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Who did this?" her dad says, a bit too calmly.

"I-"

"I can't believe Chris let this happen." he says.

Now I know where Chris gets his interrupting from.

"Hey, don't drag me into this, she's a grown up, she makes her own decision."

"Boy, you better keep your mouth shut."  His dad snaps back.