37. Die-Hard Swifties

(ofc I had to pick a Taylor Swift song for this chapter. Too bad I already used never grow up though...)

*

Jump Then Fall - Taylor Swift

"Bye." Greyson pouts, leaning through the open car window to kiss me again.

I chuckle through the kiss, "Bye, Greyson." He'd been dragging out his leave for as long as he could, like he did for every away game, and if he didn't leave within the next 2 minutes, he was going to be late and Coach would chew his ass out for it.

He peaked behind my headrest one more time, looking at Asher's reflection in the baby mirror that rested on the front of the headrest. "Bye Bubby." He said for the fifth time before I gave him a look. "Okay, I'm going." He says, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before turning around, adjusting the strap of his hockey bag on his shoulder, and walking through the glass sliding doors, and into airport.

I peel out of the large parking lot before getting stuck in traffic, seeing as though it was almost spring break, the city was already starting to get busy as if it were. I tapped my thumbs on the steering wheel as my Taylor Swift playlist played softly in the background.

All of my children will be die-hard Swifties, I don't care what I have to do. Asher already was, considering his favorite song is currently Picture to Burn. What a great mom I am. As if that song wasn't played enough before I met Greyson and had Asher, now it gets played all day everyday, and I can't wait to take him to his first Taylor Swift concert... Even if that is at least 5 years away. But hey, I went to my first Tay-Tay concert when I was 5, so it's only fitting that my children follow in my footsteps.

He lets out a whole 100 yard long string of baby noises and babble as he looks at himself in the mirror. I glance back at him in my rearview mirror, "Are you talking Bubby?" I say as he laughs with the WubbaNub in his mouth, the small plush giraffe attached to it.

Better Than Revenge comes on as I turn it up a little, earning a squeal from Asher. "We have some good taste Bub." I say through a soft chuckle, signaling left as I come to a red light. A text from Greyson comes through as it pops up on the CarPlay screen in front of me.

Greyson: come pick me up

My brows slightly furrow as I open the message screen, texting him back.

Me: what? why?

Greyson: your brother won't stop interrupting me

I chuckle at the text.

Me: smack him upside the head

Greyson: tried that already.. got in trouble

Me: good job

The light turns green as I ease my foot off the brake, not making it too far ahead before I stop at the exact same light because this was such a heavy traffic spot, good news was there was only one car in front of me now.