Chapter 26

It's been a week since I first got here and I was settling in great! Riah and I were just finally settling down to talk about logistics, but that's ok we've both been busy.

"Ok so basically you owe me $450 at the end of each month for rent and utilities, and I can be responsible for turning the checks into the mail and getting them to the landlady."

"Perfect. I was thinking we could alternate paying for groceries each week or two. We should also have a list of what each other likes for snacks so we can try to get stuff we both like." I smiled. Riah's happy aura was kind of contagious. When she was around I always felt good. "Oh that's such a brilliant idea! I love it girly!" She squealed. I laughed at her enthusiasm considering we were just talking about grocery shopping.

"So there is a party at one of the frats on Greek row tonight and I wanna go. My dance team doesn't really like to party and I don't have any other friends besides you. So....would you maybe wanna come with me?" She asked sheepishly. I'd only ever been to a gang party before and I would hope to God college parties aren't like that.

"Sure I'd love to go."

"Ok awesome!"

"Can I bring a friend with us too?" It was my turn to be a little sheepish now.

"Of course! There's power in numbers, right?"

"Definitely!" I agreed. I grabbed my phone and called Emily. She was very excited to come with us. We weren't leaving for a few hours so Riah and I popped in a movie before Emily would be over and we had to get ready.

****

We got to the party and everything was already out of control. Couples were all over each other, girls were half naked, and some guy was passed out on the lawn. It was only 11:30! Gang parties were nothing like this. This was kinda scary. Em and I followed Mariah into the house.

"Ay! We got some hotties with a body over here!" Some random white kid cheered as we came in.

"Get these sexy ass ladies a drink my man." His friend laughed. The random white guy came over and walked right up to Riah.

"Hey Mariah, what brings you to my party?"

"Drinks and sexy men." She replied coolly.

"Well baby you're looking at one." He winked."No boo. I said sexy men! Did you not hear the sexy part or the men part?"

"Aw that hurts princess." He grabbed his chest in mock pain.

"Get over yourself Ryan." Mariah laughed.

"When you gonna let me smash tho?" He smirked.

"In your dreams!"

"Oh most definitely baby." Ryan winked at her.

"So who are your sexy ass friends Riah?"

"Oh sorry girls. This is Tatianna my roommate and her best friend Emily."

"Well hello. I'm Ryan. Remember it. You'll be screaming it in bed later." He smirked, and Emily and I burst into a fit of laughter.

"You need new lines!" I got out between giggles. Ryan walked away and Mariah joined us in laughing.

"So what's the deal with you two? He seems to know you well-ish." Emily asked.

"We've been friends since childhood. We both grew up in Boston. He's been tryna sleep with me since the day I got my first bra. I've been denying him since that same day." She rolled her eyes.

"Enough of Ryan's antics. Let's get ourselves some drinks." We headed into the kitchen where the bottles of alcohol spanned the entire counter plus there were more coolers on the floor. Emily and I headed straight for the Jell-O shots. We both had a bit of an obsession with them. They were yellow.