i love you

Y/N Diggory's POV:

Today is the day I'm finally going to say I love you to my girlfriend Hermione Granger.

I've decided that just now... Well, I did plan the whole thing in advance but I mean, I've finally convinced myself to do it. There's no better moment than tonight. I've planned a nice stargazing date at the astronomy tower, I even organized the whole location so that everything would be ready when we'd both arrive there, loads of blankets and pillows were already waiting for us. It's Saturday today anyway, so no students to steal anything.

Now, why did I choose today? I don't even know where to start.

My crush for Mione started well over a year ago. I first saw her at the quidditch world cup, with my father and Ced. She was so beautiful with her hair in that lazy ponytail she wears often now that I've told her I loved that hairstyle, and we quickly began talking as her friends Harry and Ron watched the game. I love quidditch more than anything — I knew how to fly on a broom before I could walk — but at that moment my attention was on Hermione and Hermione only.

Then, I saw her at school, and we shared a few classes with the Gryffindors. My big brother got in the triwizard tournament as well as Harry, so I was hanging out more and more with her. Hanging out turned into days spent with each other until I confessed my feelings for her before the ball. I thought I'd go with her... but she had already accepted Krum's invitation. At least she told me she felt the same way and, when Ron made her cry, I was the one who comforted her. That's when we kissed for the first time.

It's been 5 months since she asked me to be her partner and though I've wanted to tell her for a long time now, I didn't want to rush things. But school is almost over, and Ced told me I should do it before the third task, since Hermione would be too preoccupied by Harry. I mean, I will be focusing on Cedric too, he asked me to help him practice his spells since he learned the third task would be a labyrinth. I can't believe he's that close to win. My Ced, winner of the triwizard tournament!

"Hey kiddo," Cedric's face appeared in the crack of the half-opened door. His high cheekbones were being crushed by the doorframe, which made me suppress a laugh.

"Oh, Ced, you've been here before," I rolled my eyes exaggeratedly, "you can come in!" Cedric's face disappeared, then, the door opened.

Even on weekends, Cedric always wore Hufflepuff clothes. To say he took pride in our house was an understatement. He was the proudest Hufflepuff Id ever seen. When he'd win this tournament, our house would finally get the recognition it deserved for many centuries.

"I know, I'm just never sure if any of your roommates are okay with me entering their privacy," his voice thundered in my ears, and the fabric of his grey sweater brushed my face as he hugged me tightly.

Merlin he gave the best hugs... after Hermione.

"Oh please," I backed away, "I'm certain they're more than pleased to have you enter their privacy. You do know the effect you've got on people, Ced?"

"I am aware," he rolled his eyes when he saw my smirk growing wider "but I try not to let it influence me."

As he smiled, I understand why my roommates are offering to pay me to get an old t-shirt of him so they could wear it. The girls are absolutely mental about my brother and he doesn't even fathom the half of it.

"Whatever," I playfully slapped him on the arm, "What do you want?"

"Can't I just hang out with my sister before this absolutely nerve wracking task ahead of me?"

"Yeah," I nodded, turning towards my bed, where a pile of clothes are sprawled on it. "...How coincidental is it that you come just before my date with Hermione?"