amortentia pt 2

Y/N's POV:

"Do we really need to go there, Lu," I sighed as I threw myself onto my bed lazily.

"I'm not forcing you, Y/N," Luna said gently, her voice muffled since she was in our closet, picking out an outfit for today. "but I do think it would be a good opportunity to get to know Hermione more. I think if you see her outside of school environment, you'll realize she's really kind!"

I've told Luna about what happened that day, when I smelled Hermione's perfume in the amortentia, not forgetting the part where we were inches from each other's face. But I did avoid the part where I felt butterflies when it happened.

It's been a week now since then, and like each year, all students from fifth to seventh year, all houses, are invited to the three broomsticks to play games and drink butterbeers. To catch up from the summer holidays. It was Fred and George who first initiated that sort of annual event, and since then, few people have joined in every time... and Luna wanted to go this year.

We went last year, but there was no sight of the golden trio there; Harry had had a lot of trouble with Umbridge that year, I heard rumours that it was a hard year for him, and so Hermione and Ron had stayed with him for emotional support. Therefore, that night had been actually the best I'd ever been to in all my life. But now that Hermione was going... things were surely going to go wrong.

Especially since the amortentia. Hermione knew I smelled her perfume in there.

"You do know I'm only going to support you." I sat up in my bed, watching Luna trying to choose between two dresses. "Even though I'm sure Ginny likes you back... And if you wear that one," I pointed the baby blue dress, "you'll practically have her begging for you," I smirked, Luna blushing slightly.

She dropped the dress onto the bed,

"Thank you Y/N," she said.

"That's what friends are for," I shrugged, sending her a warm smile that she reciprocated.

I got up, rummaging through my clothes to find an appropriate outfit to wear, while Luna changed herself into her dress. I think she heard me sigh because I heard her say from behind,

"It's going to be fine, Y/N/N, don't worry."

***

Luna and I walked hand in hand as we approached hogsmeade, fresh smell of baked goodies and candies from Zonko's filling our noses as the tall rickety building started to grow bigger and bigger.

Luna and I held hands all the time. It was a way of showing our love as friends to each other. People did tease us from time to times but we both knew it was just friendship, and that never kept us from doing it.

"You look really good Y/N," Luna complimented, her strawberry blonde hair blowing in the wind. "Your eyes really glimmer in the sun," she stated, and I grew shyer by a second.

"Are you sure it's Ginny you fancy," I teased, and heard her laugh, soft and airy.

Silence fell upon my words as we approached the small magical village. Sunset approaching, it was a beautiful view with all the colourful flowers beds along the stone paths. We arrived in front of the three broomsticks in no time, and a faint bell rang above us as we opened the pub's door, immediately being greeted by Blaise and Pansy, butterbeers in both of their hands.

"[Y/L/N]!" Blaise exclaimed, raising his pint, consequently dropping a third or his butterbeer on the ground. "We were waiting for you guys to arrive! Hi Luna!"

"Yes! What took you so long," Pansy added coldly, though I knew it was just her usual tone of voice.

"Outfit problems," Luna beamed.