Loki - Fake girlfriend?

About: Loki lied to his mother and you are the glue to form pieces of a truth. 

Loki was pacing around the living room of Stark Tower. He had been living there for about three years now, but lately, his mother had asked him if he'd come back and visit once in awhile. And being Frigga, she asked what her son was up to. They chatted enthusiastically until his mother brought up a touchy subject - and he had lied.

It shouldn't have surprised him, yet now it was bothering him.

What now?

He bit his lip and eyed the large room. The Avengers all sat on the couch watching a film.

"What's bothering you, Mischief?" Tony asked the God, looking over his shoulder while chewing on a snack. Thor abandoned his Poptart and shot his brother a demanding look. Loki cleared his throat and let his gaze slither around the room, boggling with his hands.

"My mother," he replied, looking down at his combat boots.

"What did she say?" Thor asked. Loki rolled his eyes. He threw his hands up in defense.

"It wasn't what she said, it was what I said." He bit his lips and his gaze fell upon you, who silently sat on a stool, sipping your midnight tea. You smiled at him, finding the words leaving his mouth somewhat amusing. He stuck his tongue out, you mirrored the gesture.

"Alright," Tony said, grabbing the remote and pausing the film, earning a grunt from Natasha. "What did you say?" Loki hesitated, eyeing Thor, then you. You took a sip of your drink to hide the smirk traveling up your face, reveling in seeing him flustered.

"I - she asked me about my life, here, on Mid- Earth."

"So?" Thor spurred his little brother on, making an hurried handgesture.

"She asked if I had a... girlfriend." The mumbling in the room shut down and everyone eyed the God, who turned a nice shade of pink. "And I said yes." You chuckled.

"That's indeed a problem, brother. You don't have a girlfriend. And no, you're not borrowing Jane," Thor stated, shrugging his shoulders. "Keep in mind mother expects you tomorrow morning, in Asgard."

"Yes, you don't have to remind me," Loki grunted, rolling his eyes.

"How are you going to solve it?" Thor inquired, absentmindedly going back to his beloved Poptart.

"Someone can play your girlfriend. Natasha?" Tony proposed. Natasha frowned deeply.

"Hell no. He tried to stab me once," she protested, her hand digging into the bag of crisps. You sat up on your stool, licking the chocolate off your fingers, ears piqued.

"It's only for a week," Loki tried, but unfortunately for him, she shook her head.

"I'm out too," Wanda said. "Dinner with Vision tomorrow at eight." Loki sighed, running a desperate hand through his hair.

"I'll do it," you spoke up. Loki's eyes met your and a wave of relief visibly washed over him. "If you'll show me around Asgard that is." Panic flooded Loki's thoughts. He just realised what you'd said. His mind raced, worried that you accepting this proposal was going to feel to real to him. There was a chace you would leave him broken afterwards, when the week was over. He liked you. He really liked you. Nevertheless, the next words rolled over his tongue:

"Yes, of course. I'll show you around." A lump formed in his throat. You exitedly jumped off your stool and bounced out of the living room.

"Great! I'll go packing!"

He was about to tell you something else, but you were already gone.

You were in your room, your suitcase on your bed and multiple clothes already inside of it when you heard a faint knock on your door.

"It's open," you shouted, folding a top and placing it on top of the stack of clothes you planned on bringing on Asgard.

"You don't have to pack. They have clothes in Asgard too," a silky voice said quietly. You turned around and smiled at the God that would show you Asgard. You were pretty excited to see the rose gardens he often talked so fondly of.

"Oh, really?" He nodded, taking the next item out of your hand.

"Yes, anything except blowdryers, Y/N." You chuckled.

"Well, that's nice to know," you said, gazing into his emerald eyes, melting away. You couldn't wait to spend a week in Asgard - especially with him.

"I want to say that I am - uhm - that I really appreciate it. You joining me." The corners of his mmouth curved up and his eyes crinckled as he smiled.

"Oh, sweetie, I'd love to join you," you whispered, atacking him and surprising him with a hug. You embraced him as he froze up, his hands limp at his sides. After awhile he smiled and wrapped his arms around you as you snuggled against his chest.

"We should go to sleep," he mentioned. He frowned, pushing his face in your hair to hide the blush dusting his cheeks. "I mean, not we. Just us, I mean - no - we both should get some sleep. Yes." You chuckled, looking up at him through your lashes.

"Yes, we should."