"BREAKING NEWS"

Delhi, India 2022

Aranya was listening to something on her laptop, "Breaking News, we are ashamed of our typical society where the name of the victim is leaked."

On the other hand, Ridhi, Agrim, Divyank, Abhishek Vohra, and Arun Roy were listening to the ice-breaking headlines on television, "The name of the victim is leaked. It's challenging for any girl to fight for her justice, and we are ashamed of our society and law system that the victim's name is leaked." With frustration and anger, Arun Roy has asked Ridhi Iyer to shut the television as he can no longer listen to all these things.

Arun Roy has asked everyone, "Who has leaked the name of the victim in the media?" Abhishek Vohra justified by saying, "Sir, nobody has revealed the name of the victim from our firm. It could be someone else."

The next moment, Aranya was meeting with Mr. Roy and sitting with him in his cabin. With pens in our mouths, hair was bungling, and she looked beautiful like always. With gestures of passionate examination and research frontage, she endeavored to make a clear point in front of Arun Roy, but suddenly, Ridhi came inside and said, "Sir, did you call me?" "Yes, Ridhi, I called you; what I am listening – The victim's name is leaked on the television. What do you think, who has done this thing?" – asked Mr. Roy. Ridhi showed a rambling gesture, gave it a reflection, and said, "Sir, this could have been done by Abhinav as he is a very impulsive guy; he might have done this thing to make sure that girl also get the same humiliation that he is facing in the society." After listening to this, Mr. Roy said, "Iyer, you are wrong, this is not done by Abhinav, this all thing- leaking of victims name on media is done by Ronit, the whole world is like you, they are assuming Abhinav the culprit of this entire case, and after this event, they will consider him more and this was done to make this blunt in front of people and media."

"Sir, I did not think about this," – replied Ridhi. Arun Roy has answered, "if we want to win this case, we have to think like Ronit, not how media and people will think. And as a lawyer, you should make any statement after feeling and investigating certain things; if the name of the victim is leaked on the television – this would have been done under her consent and just think- how disrespectful the girl would be if the name of the girl is leaked on television under her consent. I don't believe that any respectful girl would do this. What do you think, Miss' Aranya, on this?"

Aranya listened carefully to the conversation, but she was choked when the question was asked, and with vague looks, she said, "Yes, yes sir, I think – any respectful girl would not do this; you are right."

It was the very next day when Aranya was coming out of the jurisdiction with some paper in her hands; she was in her high heels and was looking very confident as she did her day task efficiently, but when she was going, she realized a group of media persons running towards with showers of questions on her, they surrounded her and asked her, "Mam, did you get some proofs on Abhinav Kapoor's case?" Aranya was startled and said, "You got the wrong person; I am not handling Abhinav Kapoor's case. I am working on some other cases. Abhinav Kapoor is not my client." Another media person said, "Why did you deny taking Abhinav Kapoor's case? And it was you who said, court-uncourt somebody should get the punishment. Why did you say that?" There were showers of inevitable questions that Aranya was getting and finding difficult to answer. She found herself in a very vulnerable situation and somehow managed to get back to her office.

All the things that happened outside the jurisdiction and all the question-and-answer rounds between the reporter and Aranya Singh were telecasted on Nation daily in her office. Everybody was surprised to listen to the video of the argument happening between Divyank and Aranya going viral on television. Aranya cried a lot and went back to her cabin.

The video was live on different news channels, it was viral on social media,

"Somebody should have got punishment for what they have done. Your friend Abhinav was a molester. He has severely harmed a girl. We can't wait and protect these molesters anymore." Said Aranya. "Everyone is entitled to a defense, and that's why they are called accused; you have passed your judgment on what you saw and heard in the news; yesterday, you were talking about conscious; it is you who has lost the conscious and not able to judge things the way, a lawyer should. According to law, everyone who has been charged shall be presumed innocent until proven guilty." Aranya showed him weird gestures and said, "So, we are playing the game- Innocent until proven guilty."

Aranya has started feeling for accusing Abhinav Kapoor without even knowing the entire truth. She was in deep introspection and tried to make herself calm. It was a very hectic day; there were several unavoidable and challenging things. Aranya managed to take the things somehow, but another tragedy was waiting for her to meet the crossroads as if destiny had planned something very different yet predictable for her. Somebody knocked on the door. She was filled with fear and anxiety and started moving towards the door.