PLAY OR GET PLAYED?

Delhi, India 2022

After the hectic day's events, Aranya reached her home and had dinner with Miss. Anjula. They both had a fantastic time together. Anjula listened to Aranya as she explained to her about the pentagonal murder and Anjali's mental health. With some confused looks and pretty gestures, Aranya said, "After coming to Delhi, it seems someone was waiting for me for a long time. It seems life is going to change after this phase of life." Anjula was listening to her, and then she laughed and said, "You have a crush on Anjali Arora, right?" Aranya called her stupid and asked if she wanted dessert or ice cream?

On the other hand, Divyank got a call from his friend. His friend, Mr. Abhinav, was talking in a very palpating voice. He could hardly utter any word, "Bro, now nobody can save me. Only you can save me. Please do something". Abhinav was Divyank's one of the closest friends. Abhinav was the spoilt guy. He always found to be in complex problems, and it was Divyank who always got him out of the problematic situations. But this time situation was complicated. The conversation happened for some minutes, and then Divyank rushed towards his father's cabin. Divyank seems very disturbing when he reaches his father's office cabin. His legs were shaking. He could hardly utter any word. Arun Roy was working on some case files at that time. Divyank came, and he roared, "Dad, Abhinav is in jail. He has been accused of the molestation and ravishment charges. We have to do something very quickly". Arun asked him to be calm and said, "These are molestations charges. It is not very easy to get him bail. If you or I get into this trap, our firm will face many problems. We have to act smartly". With a sudden expression of anger, Divyank shouted loudly and said, "Dad, he is my best friend; I can't sit silently and see him getting into this trap. This is a false allegation. I know he has not done anything. I know him for last 10 years". While retorting back, Arun loudly asked him to be calm. He added to this, "We need a woman in charge of this case."

Aranya and Anjula, after having their meal, were watching television. Suddenly Aranya heard of news reporter saying, "BREAKING NEWS.... The most renowned lawyer of Sun and star associates, Mr. Abhinav Kapoor, has been arrested and taken into confinement for endeavoring to perpetrate a murder of a girl – molestations and ravishment charges are imposed on him".

Aranya was shocked to hear this news, and she stood from her couch and ran toward the kitchen area. She was recklessly trying to find something. After some minutes, she found some magazines and newspapers she saw in the morning. She read the newspaper and found that Abhinav Kapoor is the son of Rohan Kapoor (Aranya's father) and Nidhi Kapoor (Aranya's Stepmother). Aranya got alarmed after connecting all the dots. Aranya's destiny intermingles with her past and present. She couldn't express the fear she had on her face. Her face became pale, and she went into deep introspection again. She was behaving as if she knew what will go to happen next. Her eyes were on the landline telephone kept at the center of the dining room. And the very next moment, a call arrived. She was looking at the phone as she knew somebody would call her. She quickly accepted the ring and said, "Hello, who is this?" It was Divyank Roy on that side. His fear could be easily understood in his voice. He said, "Aranya, Dad wanted to talk to you on some urgent matter." Aranya said, "What kind of matter?" Divyank said, "Tomorrow, you have the earliest meeting with Dad. He wants you to handle the Abhinav Kapoor's case". Aranya could hardly express any word. She was silent as something got clogged in her. There was complete silence for some seconds, and then she latched her eyes, tears started rolling from her eyes, and then she said, "No, I am not taking this case." She kept the phone and kept her head down on the table; she started crying bitterly.