INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Delhi, India 2022

Aranya went to Sandheri, Delhi – a small slum where Anjali Arora used to reside. She went to collect some shreds of evidence and research the case of Anjali Arora's pentagonal murder. During this, she left her phone in the car and parked outside the slum area near the Venice Mall parking slot. Her phone had ringed multiple times, but she couldn't pick it up as she was unavailable. Ridhi Iyer was constantly calling to make specific changes in her schedule.

"Sir, He is Anirudh Arora," said Aranya while showing some photos to Arun Roy. Meanwhile – Ridhi Iyer interrupted her and said, "Who is Anirudh Arora?" "He is the five years old son of Anjali Arora living in the slum area of Sandheri, Delhi". replied Aranya.

While Aranya was showing the photos, she realized the files opened on the central meeting table was not of Anjali Arora but someone else. Divyank yelled, "We tried to call you repeatedly, but you did not pick up the call. There was a change in the schedule. We are taking Abhinav's case on priority now. These are files of Abhinav case, not pentagonal murder."

Aranya looked at Divyank and said, "When will we discuss pentagonal murder? It is also significant. Yesterday, Anjali Arora tried to commit suicide, and this is also our priority to discuss this case. Is this firm going to invest its entire time saving a molester?"

Ridhi took Aranya along with her to the cabin to avoid more arguments. Abhishek Vohra followed Aranya and asked her, "Why have you not taken Abhinav's Kapoor case?" With bold looks and a confident reply, she said, "She is just twenty-two, there were cigarette burns on her body, she was severely molested, and a room full of lawyers is creating a list of things that can be represented in the courtroom to prove Abhinav's innocence."

When all these things were said – Divyank was listening, adding, "Whatever you have listened to in media, you have passed your judgment, and you are saying you are a lawyer." To this, Aranya retorted back and said, "This is not something which I passed my verdict based on things present in the public domain but based on research and study I have done so far." The arguments between Divyank and Aranya started to take different phases. People in the office began gathering; all the other employees started listening to the disputes between Divyank and Aranya.

"Somebody should have got punishment for what they have done. Your friend Abhinav was a molester. He has severely harmed a girl. We can't wait and protect these molesters anymore." Said Aranya. "Everyone is entitled to a defense, and that's why they are called accused; you have passed your judgment on what you saw and heard in the news; yesterday, you were talking about conscious; it is you who has lost the conscious and not able to judge things the way, a lawyer should. According to law, everyone who has been charged shall be presumed innocent until proven guilty." Aranya showed him weird gestures and said, "So, we are playing the game- Innocent until proven guilty. Please leave this place right now. But wait, let me leave it." After this, everyone returns to their places and gets in their everyday work.

"Sir, Ronit Mishra is appointed as a prosecutor from the opposition,"- said, Agrim.

Meanwhile – Ridhi was whispering something in Aranya's ear, saying, "Ronit Mishra was the former associate of Arun Roy and the newest enemy." Aranya questioned, "What is this all about?" Ridhi replied that nobody knew the entire truth, but Ronit was the most trusted lawyer of Arun Roy, Ronit claimed that Arun has deceived him, and a major fight took place between them. He was fired; from then, he had been his newest enemy. He will ruin Abhinav whether he is guilty or not."

On the other hand, Sanjana was crying in front of Ronit bitterly and begging for justice, "Sir, will you be able to win this case? Will you be able to get justice for what Abhinav has done?" Ronit has ensured that she will get justice for what Abhinav has done. Also, at the back of his mind, he knew the powers and capabilities that Arun Roy possessed."

Arun Roy called Divyank into his room and said, "Divyank, Aranya Singh is an excellent lawyer. But it is not good to have different opinions in the office. If she repeatedly says words like molesters in office, then the difference in opinions in the office could lead to the severe problem further."

With this, Divyank went into deep thinking and realized the arguments that happened between them a few minutes ago.