SIX YEARS AGO!

Delhi, India 2022

Aranya reached her office. It was her first day at Roy and associates. She was very eager to meet her new associates and learn about her workspace. She was about to handle a new case titled– The Pentagonal murder, which Ridhi Iyer had handed her. She could see some staff members greeting her along with Ridhi Iyer. Ridhi held her and said, "Impressive, Aranya, you have reached the office twenty minutes earlier. I am so excited to work with you. As Arun sir is occupied with some work, let's see the workspace. Roy sir will be arriving in an hour. You could have some coffee and get yourself prepared for the new case by then".

Aranya entered one of the rooms, and then she found a photograph hanging on the front wall of the room – It was Mr. Arun Roy with his son – Divyank Roy, and Arun Roy's wife – Lakshita Roy. Aranya glimpsed it and loudly said, "Divyank, You"? Divyank, at the same time, was changing his shirt. Aranya was obscuring her eyes and skimming around the corners. She gave Divyank a glance and said, "Divyank, it's you! What are you doing here? You were supposed to be in London by this time".

On the other hand, Divyank was also astonished to see Aranya and said, "Aranya, what are you doing here? You were supposed to be in Bangalore, right? When did you come here"? They started getting fumble with words and could not answer each other. Aranya blushed, and then she scurried and left the room. Divyank tried to pursue her and kept calling her, "Aranya......... Aranya" But then she went to the other room of the office and sat at the corner of the room on the oversized red couch. She got lost in the deep reflections and started reminiscing some of the past remembrances. It all started blossoming again. She blushed and recalled the first memory with Divyank when they met each other six years ago.

Past winks – (It was a college party where all the students congregated to celebrate the mega occasion together. Suddenly there was a girl who got an apprehension attack. Aranya tried to save her by asking people to call the doctor to save that poor girl's life, but then Divyank came and said, "It's not the time to call the doctor". Some heated arguments happened between Divyank and Aranya. Aranya did not want Divyank to give her an injection as it could work opposite on the health of the injured girl. Divyank said, "I am a doctor", and then Divyank unintentionally pushed Aranya and gave an injection to the injured girl. The girl started getting her consciousness back. After this extreme event, Aranya went to the terrace and scrolled her phone.

Divyank came running to Aranya and noticed the injury on her hand. He offered her the bandages. But then she made some twisted faces and showed strange gesticulations. Even after this, she snatched the applications from him with a broad smile, and at the same time Divyank angling toward her, Divyank said, "Trust issues, right"? She stood impatiently; Divyank's phone fell on the ground, breaking it. She was running while giving a crook smile. Then Divyank followed her, saying, "Oh, you broke my phone. Hey, will you please listen? I have to make an urgent call. Will you please allow me to do one"? Aranya said, "You are doing all this to fetch my phone number. You could have succeeded in doing this if it was 2002; well, this is 2016. Try it somewhere else". Following her from back and requesting her to let him use her phone, he said, "I am a lawyer by profession". Aranya gave him a peculiar look and said, "Earlier, you said you were a doctor, and now you are saying that you are a lawyer". She sat in the taxi, and after going some 100 meters, a call came on the phone, and then she realized it was Divyank's phone.

Divyank and Aranya were sharing the same taxi at the very next wink. Divyank talked to his mom on call, and Aranya darted at him like a naive girl with her broken phone in her hand. She said, "Can you please give me your phone? I have an urgent call to make". Divyank had something different to do with his crooked smile, and depicting an expression of retortion, he said, "Then, you will get my number. Right"? Both of them chuckled while glancing at each other. Divyank asked Aranya to accept that she has trust issues. Aranya divulges that she has trust issues.)

After all this, Aranya gets back to the real world and becomes teary. This was the remembrance that Aranya was sharing with us for showing us about her first meeting with Divyank.

Miss. Ridhi Iyer called Aranya to the official meeting room for the – Pentagonal murder discussion.