A Collapse

Sometimes it's so obvious to everyone but you.
This most obvious thing can be the truth hidden in plain sight.
                        彡★彡★彡★

Ariadne knelt beside someone she had thought was her son, but now she saw it was her twin, Nour, staring back at her. How had she missed the similarities? 

The feelings she had long since learnt to repress leaked out of her every pore, oozing out of her like invisible streams of water unto the floor. The sudden loss of that anchor caused her to be lightheaded. The need to scold Nour or Jin or whoever overwhelmed her, because if it wasn't for his carelessness they wouldn't be here in this position, piecing together broken glass one shard at a time.

Yet...

All that came were relieved sobs that rumbled in her chest and broke free from her lips. Although Nour was different in this life, that stoic demeanour had never completely faded.  The need to care for everyone but himself also never faded. She knew Nour was not her twin anymore, he had six brothers now and she in a strange way had become a guardian for him and his brothers.  The miracle that had been bestowed on them just dawned on her.

                                ★彡★彡★彡

Your voice pierced through the fog and tore through the clouds, it disturbed particles suspended between time and space as you knelt on your knees and sang.  It sounded like love. Like the feeling of blossoming and new love, the type of love that suddenly dawns on you. It filled the heart with excitement in the way a first kiss would or a summer's day...
It invoked the same feeling as when your lover looked at you with a stare that carried gentle anticipation and playful sexual tension. That day many of those stuck in monotonous work and mundane day-to-day life found themselves inexplicably bursting into tears of joy as there was something worth celebrating. There was something bigger than this after all.

Nyx had not heard that song in years and followed the melody like a moth seeking out the light. Before she knew it she was running, desperately peering through doorways and staring through windows searching for the voice.  The race was on.
                                ★彡★彡★彡

Jin's memory hadn't fully merged with Nour's yet. He saw flashes and episodes but he couldn't grasp them fully yet. He was starting to understand how you must have felt when you were transitioning to become a god.  He remembered yours and his very first kiss and also the ungodly things he nearly did with you in your chambers...

Ariadne had been his disapproving twin and he had only been a mere servant to you. Yearning and dreaming but understanding it could never be and yet he had broken everything rule in the book kissing you under the stars and confessing his love. Even now he was breaking every rule in the book...defying his grandfather and lineage. A lineage he had hated in his past life.

But at least...

But at least—

                                 ★彡★彡★彡

Nyx, out of breath and frantic finally found you on your knees. Eyes closed. On your head was a brilliant crown that casted out dancing and sparkling light that reflected on the walls like the flickering stars of night. You were in your royal robes wearing; a long white lace dress that fanned out around you, threads of shining gold was woven into the fabric as tiny, minuscule diamonds encrusted the bodice of your dress, your décolletage was exposed apart from a gold necklace with a pendant that resembled the star of Venus. Your coils sat free on your head brushing against your warm-looking deep brown cheeks and of course in your hands was your Rose. A majestic flower, the same intoxicating colour as your eyes.