The god of Night

You stirred in your sleep groaning to yourself as you found yourself tangled in your sheets. From how they were crumpled you had assumed it had been quite the eventful night. Bleary, you caught your own reflecting in your dresser mirror, your coils wisped against your forehead and cheeks, you made out a simple gold tiara nestled atop your head. Crackles of red emitted from your body as if you were the source of an electrical storm, it casted a blood red haze in your room, a song echoed through your head causing that distant memory to creak up again. Blinking again you saw you were looking back at yourself with a pair of incandescing ruby eyes. Curiously you stared at your tether. Reaching for the mirror across the room, your traced your reflection not quite believing the person was you.

You blinked

Everything seemed still.

The wind wailed impatiently outside,
as your windows shuddered in response the rattling sound made you even more aware of yourself. This was stupid. You had a day off from work  so you decided to go back to sleep. Forgetting what you just saw. It had to be another of those dreams...

...The smell of burning and an impending storm lingered in your room.

You were always tired....you always felt so weak. Always tired...Always.

Except for when you were in the garden. Except when you near the blooming red Rose.

Jungkook lay in his pitch black room, the only thing illuminating the heavy darkness was the stars in the sky as he watched each constellation carefully studying it. This was something he did often. One of his duties as a god was to watch over the 12 zodiac signs. The new star continued to perplex him, he mapped the star continuing analyse where it appeared in the Taurus constellation. The suspicious star outshone the Aldebaran star the original brightest star of the constellation which made Jungkook even more agitated. It would flicker periodically from red back again to sliver as if disturbed by something or someone. He knew that you were a Taurus,  your birthday was 1st May he remembered that from your application, no doubt in his mind that the star had something to do with you...

But stars didn't often appear unless...

Just then Yoongi barged in on Jungkook. Not a word was said but the look that was shared indicated they both understood. You weren't a Titan that much was certain.

You had spent several hours wondering about your apartment looking for something to do but nothing interested you. Your flatmate wasn't home, she was a nurse who worked long hours, and if she wasn't at work she was fast asleep preparing for her next shift. You had blamed your job and those damned managers for making you crave the excitement at work. Yes they were ruining your life but at least it was more interesting than being cooped up in your home with nothing to do.

You silently cursed yourself now determined to find a way to pass the time, you scoured the cupboards and realised there was hardly any food left. At last an activity!
You grabbed a few shopping bags changing into gym wear and scraping your hair into a pineapple hairstyle. The sun blared brighter than usual for the winter, you shielded your eyes pressing on, debating wether you would have looked silly wearing sunglasses in the deep of winter. It was icy out as frost crowned leaves that stubbornly remained throughout the winter , Windows and the slabs of pavement did not remain untouched as they were also decorated with beautiful artist that was Father winter, as frost also laced them. The wind was unforgiving as you tried to retreat further in your scarf, your chin pointing inwards into your chest. Looking up at the sky you wondered if it would rain soon.

Seeing that you were so cold you stopped at the Starbucks. You thought ordering a hot beverage wouldn't harm anyone, it was your treat after all. The air of the Starbucks was filled with the aromatic scent of coffee beans and the seasonal and savoury sweet smile of cinnamon. There was low of hum of voices with the occasional ring of laughter that came from the group of teenagers huddled in corner. A smiling barista ushered you forward.