Lies, Truths & Omissions

Yoongi drove you and Namjoon to the graveyard. Your heart was pounding in your chest, a rhythmic drumming sound like a  approaching war. You world, as you had known it, was falling apart around you. The more you thought about it the more you felt like you were going insane, the more you wanted to scream, the more you wanted to destroy something. Pull you hair out, gouge out your eyes, smash your teeth in.

You did noting.

It was all defragmenting right in front of you.

Yoongi didn't understand how you could stay hidden and dormant for 23 years without a divine noticing. Something about this all felt very suspicious, someone upstairs had to know.
Hiding your existence took a massive amount of energy. The energy equating to a dying star, a exploding planet and a collapsing black hole.

"The mirror." Mumbled quietly Namjoon.

"what?" Yoongi asked.

"She's the crack in the mirror." he told Yoongi quietly. Yoongi's frown deepened a shiver creeping through his body. Namjoon's mother was not technically a god ( as in she didn't rule over any specific domain), but it didn't matter, she was just as powerful. Her mirror was power store and representation of the universe's equilibrium
For it to crack meant something very dangerous was stirring ready to cause the end. They glanced at you who was stuck in a battle within yourself. You weren't quite there. Suddenly, you became sunken and grey, despite a light golden dust dancing around you.

They continued driving hoping that your parent's grave contained bodies , so they could admit they were wrong, apologise profusely and pretend nothing had ever happened.

Deep down  Yoongi knew that would would never be the case, he continued to watch as your timeline shifted and fluctuated, seemingly expanding. He squinted as he saw it travel further back than it should've, before it faded into obscurity. He didn't have much time to dwell on it as the graveyard pulled into sight.

Immediately the graveyard came into view you jumped out of the car before it even had time to stop. You scrambled towards the reception, desperately praying to every type of god and saint there was that your Parents were safe and rested. You needed this! You needed them
to be where they were supposed to be.

Something was off

You and the receptionist had met many times before, you had become acquainted over the past few years. She knew you and you knew her so, why did she look at you like it was her first time seeing you? Her eyes only flickered briefly with recognition when she heard your parents name but dulled again.

You barely heard what she said next.

"I am sorry ma'am we have no such names in the directory. "

Your face fell, your heart was pounding like a drum.  A drum...A war drum....you had heard the bang of a war drum once...

No!

Your parents had to be here, you watched them get buried. You saw their bodies being lowered into the ground. You saw them!  You screamed incoherently at the receptionist as Namjoon held you back. Whispering at you to calm down.
Far in your memory, you remembered something that you had forced away, into the depths of your mind to be destroyed and forgotten. You only started to remember now slowly but surely...

A few days after your parents died, there was a woman you had never seen before. She had long dark hair and sea green eyes, you remembered because you had thought her eyes were moving like the sea. Like the sea you had wanted so desperately to visit. You wondered if she was possibly a mermaid. She had smiled so graciously at you before kneeling down to your level.