Lunch (in) time

The wind was howling aggressively, causing the trees to flail their naked branches helplessly. The sky had become a moody, an indication that rain was soon to come. A group of pigeons nearby sensing the impending storm flapped chaotically above you in hopes of finding refuge. Or maybe it would snow again. It had snowed a while ago, but the only evidence of that was slush piles that sat in sad grey heaps at the side of pavements and walkways. The cold had a firm grip on those that wandered out that day, causing their bones to rattle and gloved hands to rub together desperately for heat. You had realised too late that you had left your jacket at the office, so you were left to freeze. A loud sneeze reverberated along the street, immediately afterwards you sniffed mournfully.

"Bless you." Jin told you wrapping his arms around your shoulders, dragging you into his warmcore. As Jin has uttered the words a rush of euphoria surged through you like you were on a large dip of a rollercoaster. It was brief, but the feeling caused your breath to hitch in your throat.

"Oh Sorry, I really shouldn't say that so freely as a god." He chuckled quietly. "I ended up actually blessing you."

He never gave you the chance to respond as he had gently pushed you into the warmth of the restaurant. It immediately became apparent it wasn't a small brunch cafe that you had expected. Instead it was a extremely sumptuous restaurant that reminded you of a place young socialites would visit, perhaps in the late 1800s, but it also simultaneously reminded you of the glitz and glam of early Hollywood. It was elegant and sensual and not somewhere you would go normally to even celebrate something yet alone "talk" to a nameless client.

The bottom line was you didn't belong here. Sure you where dressed in simple work place attire, white blouse, a cream, pleated pencil skirt and a pair of sensible cream heels, you felt the anxiety and the non-existent judging eyes on you. The words were already halfway out your mouth, you would tell Jin you felt sick and wait in the car till he was done. Before you could even begin to start inching away from him whilst blurting out the excuse, he wordlessly grabbed your wrist pulling you with him. You cursed  his ability to dip in out of  your mind.

You were seated.

"Here's your table for two. I hope you enjoy the stay." The waitress voice tinkled over low mummers as the people around you were engrossed in their own secret conversations.

"Thank you." Jin smiled charmingly at the pretty women, you could have sworn you saw a pinpricks of red start to dust her cheeks. You didn't blame her he had that effect on people. Soon she disappeared leaving you with a drinks menu.

Wait?! Table for two?"

"Jin what about the person we were supposed to meeting?" You asked realising this really was a table for two.

"Oh. I lied." He told you grinning. His eyes lit up mischievously, in that moment he looked like a child, his dark eyes shone under the low light,  his nose was a little pink from stepping into the cold. Instantly your heart softened, without meaning to a smile of endearment grew unto your face.

"Jin what do you mean?"
You couldn't help laugh a little at how bizarre this was. They way he had admitted his guilt was so sudden. Like you had said Jin was excitement, he didn't really stop to think at times.

"It's a date." He muttered. "I- I know we aren't really a couple but I thought...I mean"

He was stumbled over his words as he tried to explain himself to you. He hadn't realised till now, but he was starting to understand how humans felt. It baffled Jin watching humans in love, they were never honest about their feelings, they always danced around the obvious, they were nervous, they fumbled their words. It was pitiful to him. Now you made him nervous. His hands were clammy and he was stumbling over his own words. He never felt like this until your deep dark eyes looked directly at him, they were bottomless eyes that had him falling with no end in sight, even when your words were biting your eyes remained gentle. When you looked into them it was like you were saying everything was going to be okay because you were there.