"I guess," Pat let out.

As we left I overheard two of the workers in the coffee shop saying "that was scary".

We went back into the busy city and ranted about how this was a waste of my time, Pau and Pat could've merely told me at the base.

But on the way back to the base I overheard what sounded like protest chanting.

EDD'S POV

I, Matt, and Tom stood in between the protest. The protesters were chanting, but not us.

Mostly because we didn't know that much about the whole 'Red Army'.

Sometimes the news would play and we would overhear things about the corrupted military organization known as The Red Army.

Most things we've heard have been negative and they've done some horrible things.

The Red Leader's identity had been revealed but we never bothered to pay attention to who to was.

We weren't protesters, just bystanders.

The protest was against the government's decision to authorize the Red Leader to take control of some of the decisions that the community of this city decides on.

The Red Army killed a mass of 200 soldiers and aired it on live television. This was to show their ability to kill, that's it, no other reason at all.

As the protesters chanted. Me, Tom, and Matt kinda just talked.

"So Tim," Matt said before Tom quickly corrected him about his name. "If there was one person you could get to stop talking forever, who would it be?" Matt asked.

"An annoying ginger wearing a purple hoodie and a green overcoat-" Tom answered.

"Ooh! Ooh! I like their fashion!" Matt interrupted.

I laughed a little bit and Tom looked at me, clearly annoyed.

We kept talking for a while about various things until the protesters started to scatter around.

I paid attention to what was going on in the crowd and quickly pushed Tom and Matt out of the way as a black SUV sped by us.

Thankfully, the protesters had already formed a clear path, and the SUV didn't hit anybody.

I thought they closed this of the road part off.

The SUV stopped and all the protesters quickly started to run up to the car, yelling angrily, turning into a mob.

I've seen stuff like this on the news all the time.

Next thing you know, the driver is going to be pulled out of his vehicle by the protesters and the protesters are going to brutally beat whoever was driving to death.

However, that didn't happen.

Instead, two soldiers wearing Red Army uniforms came out of the vehicle, armed with assault rifles.

But another person exited the SUV.

Another person.

Nonother than the person the protesters most hated.

To them, it was the Red Leader.

To me...

It was an old friend...