Chapter 66

Hello my beloved readers! Hope you're still following this story. It's been difficult to update regularly but I will do my best to keep the story going. Anyway I hope you like this chapter, and for Jacob's fans, I have to remind you again that Matthew is the main lead and therefore the story will revolve around him. But I do love Jacob too, and he will be making an appearance later. And Maggie too, but in this chapter and maybe the next two chapters, Arabella will be dominating the page. I hope you're okay with that. Please leave your comments because your opinion and support is what keeps me writing. Love and cherish all and each one of you.

When Arabella awoke the next morning, she found herself alone in the quiet room. The sofa across the room was empty, and the worn blanket that Matthew had used last night had been neatly folded and draped over the armrest. Quickly she pushed herself up onto her elbow and peered around the room. Her heart did stop for a second when she spotted a little note on the bedside table. For an instant, she thought Matthew had left her alone here because of some unknown reasons, or maybe because she had this tendency to land him into trouble. A wave of panic swept over her and she snatched the paper, almost knocking the oil lamp off the table. Relief flooded her when she'd finished reading the message. Apparently he went out to buy something for breakfast. She threw herself back into the pillow and stretched out under the blanket, smiling as she recalled her daring act last night.

She really enjoyed the thrill of doing such private activity while a man was sleeping just across the room. The wicked sensation was amplified by the risk of being caught in the act. But actually getting caught would be terrific. The fantasy of pleasuring herself in front of a man had always been one of her wildest dreams. In fact, last night she imagined Matthew watching her while she flicked off, lusting after her and fantasizing to be the one who gave her pleasure.....

The soft clicking sound from the door snapped her back to reality. She turned to see the object of her torrid fantasy slipping into the room with a paper wrap in his hand.

"Oh, you're already awake. Care for a hot bun?"
He shut the door and cast a brief glance at her, pausing just over the threshold to take off his hat and coat and hang them on the row of hooks on the wall. He looked so devastatingly handsome this morning, his jet black hair slightly tousled and his cheeks reddened from the cold. Her admiring gaze trained on his tall form as he crossed the short distance to the table and set down a pair of hot buns on the clean surface. Her attention shifted to the delicious smelling food and suddenly she felt hungry.

"Smells so good. Bring it to me."
She ordered, and Matthew flinched inwardly at her haughty tone. It seemed she'd been too accustomed to ordering people about, she forgot that he wasn't one of her servants.

"Why don't you get out of bed instead?"
He pulled out a chair and sat down, crossing one of his legs over the other in a gesture of defiance. An irritated frown creased Arabella's smooth forehead and she tipped her chin up in the regal ways of her.
"The floor is cold."

"Then wear your slippers."

"I can't find it. It's nowhere in sight."

"They can't be far. Where did you leave them before you got into bed?"

"I don't think I remember."
She stubbornly refused to give up. Making sure she heard his audible sigh, Matthew shoved away from his chair. Stepping over to the bedside, he sat on his heels and peered under the bed. In no time he found the delicate pair down there. He reached a hand to pull them out.

"Here."
He rotated the slippers so her feet could easily slip into them. Arabella cast an annoyed glance at the pair and, despite having no other excuse to avoid getting out of bed, she insisted,
"I used to eat my breakfast in bed."