⋆ Chapter 18 ⋆

Începe de la început

"Thank goodness," I breathed feeling a weight being lifted off of my shoulders. "Is that why they aren't here?"

"They were up early this morning so I asked them to run a few errands for me they should be back soon. Do you want me to call them?" She asked while picking up her phone.

"No no, I just freaked out thinking I overslept but everything is fine now," I say taking a seat back down.

"Okay well, I'm glad you're up, I need your opinion on something." She got up and walked over to her purse pulling out something. "It's one of my latest sketches and I'm not sure if I should add more or if this is perfect."

She laid down a piece of thick paper that was a sketch of a beautiful white corset-like dress. It was a sleeveless, long skin tight dress, with a v-shape open chest area. Beading followed the design down to the sides of the dress stopping at the stomach area. The bottom of the dress consisted of a large flare with beading following the design stopping at the bottom. There was a separate picture of what the back of the dress would be like and it was an open-back dress.

"You...you drew this?" I asked in awe keeping my eyes fixed on the drawing.

"I did, do you like it? Do you think it needs more or do you think she will love it?"

"Doria...this is beautiful, everything is perfect. You design only dresses?"

"Thank you," She said letting off a smile. "And I design anything, I'm a fashion designer. But I'm a freelance fashion designer, I work for myself but that gives me the gift of being able to work with some very important clients of my choice like this one, this is her wedding dress."

I scoffed. "Wow...that's so cool I'm sure she would love it, it is really breathtaking."

"Thank you, that really means a lot...Nadia's dad used to give me insight into my designs before we both ventured off to get caught up with work. I never have time to ask Nadia with her being in school and all. But she used to love seeing me sketch my designs. She always has since she was a little girl." She slightly shrugged. "But I'm barely around anymore so I'm not really sure if it's something that still interests her."

I shook my head."Well, one thing is for sure she still is a girly girl and from what I learned about her...she loves fashion. I'm sure this would be something she would love just as much as I do."

"You know, I see why Nadia adores you, You're such a sweet kid." She paused. "Or should I say, young adult? Your seventeen right?"

"Yeah... I've been called kiddo for the longest now and I don't exactly like nicknames but my da-" I stopped at the sudden thought of him.

She looked up at me noticing my mood change."Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm okay," I say letting off a soft smile.

Just then we heard movement in the distance and trails of footsteps leading to the kitchen.

Nadia came in with bags in her hand piling them on the island."Jose, you're up we didn't want to wake you up so early this morning."

"Good thing I was here, she thought you girls had school this morning and thought ya'll were late," Doria said letting out a laugh.

"Sorry, Jose forgot to mention that we didn't have it today."

"No, it's cool, I should have known," I say but it was clear to me why I had forgotten.

Tessa entered the kitchen with more bags setting them down on the side of the island, "Oh, don't we all know. "You should have, it's one of the best times of the year...well besides spring break."